OT - Sorry! Cosmo's! Why!!!??? | Syracusefan.com

OT - Sorry! Cosmo's! Why!!!???

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Just read a DO story about the end of Cosmo's on Marshall Street.

I can't believe it's really gone.

Somebody should immediately take over the lease, hire old managers and cooks and re-open place!!

Not only the best pizza in CNY, but maybe on the east coast!

Get it done!

Re-open Cosmo's!!!

Thank you.

It was, by far, the greasiest pizza on the planet. This was its virtue. We could have based our energy policy off the oil sitting atop a Cosmos pizza.

Also, fantastic wings.

Somebody should immediately take over the lease, hire old managers and cooks and re-open place!! Agreed.

Not only the best pizza in CNY Agreed., but maybe on the east coast! Let's not go crazy.

Get it done!

Re-open Cosmo's!!!

Thank you.

That's crazy talk. It's not even the best pizza on Marshall Street! ZJ's was always the best late night slice after bar hopping.

Never tried ZJ's but was eating Cosmo's pizza back in the 1960s to this past winter.

The cheese and seasoning are the best I have ever had.

Somebody should immediately take over the lease, hire old managers and cooks and re-open place!!

Get it done!

Re-open Cosmo's!!!

Thank you.
i don't want to live in a world where acropolis is still open and cosmos isn't

My first week on the hill, I got food poisoning at Cosmo's. Once I got over that initial setback, it was one of my favorite pizza places for the next four years.

cosmo's pizza was terrible. i wouldnt put it in the top 20 in cny. id rank zj's, varsity and johnny's over cosmo's and thats just on the hill.

Cosmos was my stopover from dome to car in prepping for my 3 hour drive home.

Different tastebuds... but Cosmos was always my favorite. I recall the satellite Cosmos hole in the wall at Maggies back in the 80s. Loved it.

Last edited:
cosmo's pizza was terrible. i wouldnt put it in the top 20 in cny. id rank zj's, varsity and johnny's over cosmo's and thats just on the hill.

Varsity pizza is really mediocre in my opinion.

And Johnny's was never as good as the original Johnny's dough pizza in Manlius.

Just my opinion.

There are a dozen pizza joints in my town that are light years better than Cosmos.

I always sucks to lose an institution, but let's not go crazy people.

Get it done!

Re-open Cosmo's!!!

Thank you.
I liked Cosmo's pizza. It was good and cheap too. Sorry it is gone. Every year the campus and surrounding area gets a little less like it was when I was a student.

It would be nice if someone bought it and opened it with the same name. Just my opinion but I don't think there is a really good pizza place anywhere on campus and I don't think this has ever been the case .

If someone ever opens a good pizza shop up there, they can make a lot of money.

I liked Cosmo's pizza. It was good and cheap too. Sorry it is gone. Every year the campus and surrounding area gets a little less like it was when I was a student.

It would be nice if someone bought it and opened it with the same name. Just my opinion but I don't think there is a really good pizza place anywhere on campus and I don't think this has ever been the case .

If someone ever opens a good pizza shop up there, they can make a lot of money.
I always thought ZJ's could do better if they decided to make it an actual pizza place rather than just a to-go counter above Harry's.

I'm also having a brain cramp - what was ZJ's before it was ZJ's? This was in the 2000 range, it was a similar style of pizza but under different ownership...and THAT was the best pizza I ever had in Syracuse.

Also, it really is sad that the M-Street area is so different now. Bring back Darwin's!

Never liked the pizza -- what was in that sauce? -- but Cosmo's was an institution and it's sad to see it go.

The storefront is being filled with...you guessed it, a Thai/Vietnamese place. Hope they'll keep the tableside jukeboxes to go with my bowl of pho.

Never liked the pizza -- what was in that sauce? -- but Cosmo's was an institution and it's sad to see it go.

The storefront is being filled with...you guessed it, a Thai/Vietnamese place. Hope they'll keep the tableside jukeboxes to go with my bowl of pho.
I will say that Cosmo's was a great breakfast joint. There weren't many good places for a nice greasy hangover curing breakfast on the hill, and Cosmo's fit that to a T.

How do people like Pavones and dislike Cosmos. This world is so backwards.

I will say that Cosmo's was a great breakfast joint. There weren't many good places for a nice greasy hangover curing breakfast on the hill, and Cosmo's fit that to a T.

That's the only time I'd eat there. And it was darn good for the purpose. Great slice of society, too - fellow hangover-curers, street people, medical employees, faculty. Kind of like the Varsity, only the cheesesteak wasn't as good.

How do people like Pavones and dislike Cosmos. This world is so backwards.
Pavones in the 70's and 80's and maybe the 90's then yes, Pavones now with no sauce and half the size it is now, then no, it sucks right along with Cosmos. You want GREAT pizza go to Patsys pizza erie blvd west in the city. Now that's good stuff in the Shuffles/Twin Trees thicker crust way. If one wants to relive early Pavones then head to Nicks in the Village of Camillus.

Nick used to work in the Fairmont Fair Pavones in the 70-80's and I recognized him right away. Guess like John Candy in Stripes I've put down a few pizzas in my day!

Correct. I once went there for breakfast and saw Timothy Busfield of Revenge of the Nerds fame, paying for his breakfast. I guess he was in town visiting his daughter, an SU student.

Poindexter.jpg