OT stolen from Twitter: what announcer would you want to call a day in your life? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT stolen from Twitter: what announcer would you want to call a day in your life?

Definitely Rizzuto.

Bill White: Scooter, for his last at bat, you scored it a WW in your book. What does that mean?

Scooter: Wasn't watching

I was raised on him, he was the best. Always made me want to go to The Money Store.
These two might be before your time...Hendrson over, Murphy over and Murphy makes the catch. White: that was Henderson Scooter. Scooter: Well, they all look alike White: you mean in their uniforms Scooter? Scooter Yes
Another gem, line drive base hit. Oh, he caught it. Throw to first safe oh he called him out.
And bonus Hey White, you are going to have to stick with me in Boston next week. White: Why scooter? Scooter: they are mad at me up there. White: well, they aren't mad at me scooter why would I hang around with you.
All true.

This is before most of your time..Johnny Most. He could make a 40 pt Celtic lead seem like a nail biter. And dasher is switching lanes as if no one else is one the road!!

Marty Glickman. He was before the era of the rock-star national sports casters, but I grew up listening to him doing the post-game and pre-game radio shows for the Brooklyn Dodgers. His observations, his language, his intelligence just wowed me in the 1950s before the Dodgers moved to LA. And I also loved listening to him do the radio work for the Knicks and the football Giants. Much of this was before we shared a Syracuse affiliation.

Needless to say, I was thrilled for the opportunity to meet him and get to know him via SU events prior to his passing nearly 20 years ago. He had a seriously fascinating life ... as described here ...
Marty Glickman - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Ted Darling. I grew up listening to the "Voice of the Sabres" on a little radio in my bedroom.
Van Miller would be second pick as we always listened to him simulcast while watching Bills games (if we weren't at the game).

Nice choice. My cousin went to school with Jon Miller's son and he (a Giants fan) said it never got old to hang around their house hearing him say everyday things in his Jon Miller voice.

For me, it'd have to be Bill Raftery.

But early '90s Marv Albert would also be great, as would Doug Logan. And Ralph Kiner would also be a fun pick, I can only imagine how he'd narrate my duller moments (with anecdotes and malaprops, obviously).

Marty Glickman. He was before the era of the rock-star national sports casters, but I grew up listening to him doing the post-game and pre-game radio shows for the Brooklyn Dodgers. His observations, his language, his intelligence just wowed me in the 1950s before the Dodgers moved to LA. And I also loved listening to him do the radio work for the Knicks and the football Giants. Much of this was before we shared a Syracuse affiliation.

Needless to say, I was thrilled for the opportunity to meet him and get to know him via SU events prior to his passing nearly 20 years ago. He had a seriously fascinating life ... as described here ...
Marty Glickman - Wikipedia
"Twisting, turning, driving for 3 yards. Dero?" "Well, Marty ..."

Nice choice. My cousin went to school with Jon Miller's son and he (a Giants fan) said it never got old to hang around their house hearing him say everyday things in his Jon Miller voice.

For me, it'd have to be Bill Raftery.

But early '90s Marv Albert would also be great, as would Doug Logan. And Ralph Kiner would also be a fun pick, I can only imagine how he'd narrate my duller moments (with anecdotes and malaprops, obviously).
I'm an Orioles fan, and Miller was just the best.

Listened to a little Dan Patrick and Fritzy does a surprisingly hilarious Kevin Harlan. Didn't see that coming.

These guys

1600887137587.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom