OT-successful operation! | Syracusefan.com

OT-successful operation!

TheOkieOrangeman

2nd String
Some of you asked for updates. My neck surgery-Thursday-went very well. Two disks replaced-and surrounding vertebrae attached with small plate.
Recruited the hospital staff to root for SU while I was under. In my my room watch (sort of) with 5 minutes left. We won!
I was scared ----less going into this operation being that it was in my neck and they come in from the front-move windpipe, nerves, etc. to get to the disks. They gave me one pain pill plus the IV and a neck brace. Woke up 2 hrs. later feeling amazingly fine. I was drinking and eating well-with not pain. They took me off the IV (except 2 more antibiotic IV's) and pain pills. I could walk and talk pretty well though loopy. Good night's sleep and went home Friday. Wow!
Friday not so good-slept on my bed but couldn't sit up without great. Not like a hospital bed where you can elevate the back to sit up.
Saturday Dr. suggested try a lazy boy. My son carried it into the bedroom. I sat in it and fell right asleep. The lazy boy was the answer. I've had 2 great night's of sleep and feel really well. Now I just have to hope it fuses-2 to 4 weeks.
This must have been a much easier than Jar Head Jim's daughter's operation and her operation progress was encouraging to me going in.
I am so relieved.
Thank all of you for your kind thoughts. It all helps.
Joe
Hope Jar Head Jim's daughter keeps improving.
Thanks again-and please excuse typo's.

I'm not going to mention Sat. game too mentally painful.

Thanks for the update...hope to see you fully recovered soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom