OT: Syracuse Cursive/Script image | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Syracuse Cursive/Script image

Hey... as a huge fan of Syracuse gear, I am in the process of making a custom orange Nike crew neck sweatshirt... I would LOVE to have the white Cursive/Script on the front, used on the uniforms from the late 80's & early 90's. Do any of you have a stand-alone image in white of the script that could be used for screen printing on clothing? The best I can find is a photo from the uniforms used a couple of years ago, but I need to erase the background and I don't think the quality is quite what I need (also may have a wrinkle or two throwing off the image). Let me know, thanks.
I won a jersey that looks like this one at a charity event with an authenticated Derrick Coleman autograph. What's funny is that there is not a brand label sewn in it but the quality of all the stitching of the Syracuse and the numbers is almost identical to an authentic jersey. When I bid on it, I didn't care if it was an official Nike but that it looks really nice.
Derrick Coleman Syracuse Custom College Basketball Jersey
derrick-coleman-syracuse-custom-college-basketball-jersey-1.gif

FWIW, the current Syracuse soccer posters available have this script. So someone in the AD has an image that is being used to make the posters. I’m not sure if this is the one available now, but a current poster at the AD has this logo on it. It might even be field hockey for all i know.
6F85D063-6B04-4798-A5E6-514E09745D92.jpeg

Syracuse basketball needs new uniforms badly. Hope they adopt the script full time.

To each their own, but I think the basketball uniforms are great. It's the football uniforms that are an embarrassment to everything and everyone ever associated with Syracuse University.

FWIW, the current Syracuse soccer posters available have this script. So someone in the AD has an image that is being used to make the posters. I’m not sure if this is the one available now, but a current poster at the AD has this logo on it. It might even be field hockey for all i know.
View attachment 125800
I got the 'info' that the script was owned/created by Nike from a graphic design/font forum. No idea if it's true, but in that poster, there's also a nike logo, so Nike either participated or authorized it. Typically, the way companies work with graphic resources is they hold them and if something is needed, they send them upon request, usually with some sort of Graphic Standards guidelines for their usage. I'm sure the school's 'art department' has the logo on file, but i would assume there are restrictions on its use.

I got the 'info' that the script was owned/created by Nike from a graphic design/font forum. No idea if it's true, but in that poster, there's also a nike logo, so Nike either participated or authorized it. Typically, the way companies work with graphic resources is they hold them and if something is needed, they send them upon request, usually with some sort of Graphic Standards guidelines for their usage. I'm sure the school's 'art department' has the logo on file, but i would assume there are restrictions on its use.
Do you have any specific email/phone number with SU that I could begin looking into getting the image (if allowed)?

Do you have any specific email/phone number with SU that I could begin looking into getting the image (if allowed)?
No, i'm not affiliated with SU that way. I'm just a freelancer, 3,000 miles away. I found some stuff this morning, but not the script logo.

http://trademarks.syr.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Syracuse-Artsheet-2015.pdf

If it had been included on this PDF, i prolly coulda extracted a vector from it, but i think this sheet reflects only what the school owns, and i found a site that suggests the script is owned by Nike. If you could find it on a PDF anywhere, i could probably extract it—something i'd only do for a 'personal use' thing, not if you intended to distribute it.

[See the bottom of this page: Diving deep into the Syracuse Orange’s Nike #BRAND]

Last edited:
No, i'm not affiliated with SU that way. I'm just a freelancer, 3,000 miles away. I found some stuff this morning, but not the script logo.

If it had been included on this PDF, i prolly coulda extracted a vector from it, but i think this sheet reflects only what the school owns, and i found a site that suggests the script is owned by Nike. If you could find it on a PDF anywhere, i could probably extract it—something i'd only do for a 'personal use' thing, not if you intended to distribute it.

[See the bottom of this page: Diving deep into the Syracuse Orange’s Nike #BRAND]
Even though that's from 2015, it's interesting that they don't show the script on there considering some of the recent sport teams have used it. They also don't list Orangemen either. I guess we won't be seeing that again soon.

I just tried to do it 'old school'—tracing paper>scan>vector trace. Didn't work very well. Very sloppy. Could maybe work in a very small size, but definitely not at 'shirt size.' Sorry...

Google images gives you this. I’m not computer guy. Can you not use this?

Attachments

• 08F82324-A787-4BF2-A2C8-640C7B0F0081.png
    08F82324-A787-4BF2-A2C8-640C7B0F0081.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 142
Google images gives you this. I’m not computer guy. Can you not use this?
Yeah, that's a great find... thanks. I was aware of its existence, it's exactly the type of file I'm looking for in the white script! However, it's subtle, but there are differences between that orange script and the white. It's not as elongated in height as the white and the script itself is thicker, it can be especially seen in where the "s" and "e" intersect in Syracuse. I know it's minor, but I'm a stickler for those kinds of things.
cuse.png

08F82324-A787-4BF2-A2C8-640C7B0F0081.png

Yeah I'm definitely not looking to distribute or do anything in bulk, personal items for my collection only. I appreciate the work and effort you've put in a ton, it means a lot, thanks!

Yeah, that's a great find... thanks. I was aware of its existence, it's exactly the type of file I'm looking for in the white script! However, it's subtle, but there are differences between that orange script and the white. It's not as elongated in height as the white and the script itself is thicker, it can be especially seen in where the "s" and "e" intersect in Syracuse. I know it's minor, but I'm a stickler for those kinds of things.
View attachment 125804

View attachment 125806

Can you not clean that file up by hand, or have it done?

Can you not clean that file up by hand, or have it done?

it can be done pixel by pixel but thats tedious and not sure what resolution he's got it up to, but I use at least 200 dpi for print work. depending on the graphics program used it can be much more difficult than it should be. its much easier to work from a clean graphic, or better yet find the font source and just use that. I understand the font isn't readily avail in this case

I've been doing a bunch of similar stuff, but for lot style Ts, like...
ra,classic_tee,x2000,fafafa:ca443f4786,front-c,325,112,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Last edited:
it can be done pixel by pixel but thats tedious and now sure what resolution he's got it up to, but I use at least 200 dpi for print work. depending on the graphics program used it can be much more difficult than it should be. its much easier to work from a clean graphic, or better yet find the font source and just use that. I understand the font isn't readily avail in this case

I've been doing a bunch of similar stuff, but for lot style Ts, like...
ra,classic_tee,x2000,fafafa:ca443f4786,front-c,325,112,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Just a thought, but if it were me I would find a gig on Fiverr. There's likely quite a few overseas providers who would clean it up for cheap.

Available only through GTX.

These suckers are sweet. But clearly not Nike product. So how’d they achieve this, and why can’t we get more of the same without being lacrosse specific?
Syracuse Lacrosse Apparel
View attachment 126306

This is interesting. It reveals that the script is an actual font and not just a graphic, the word "Available" is written in the script font.

This is interesting. It reveals that the script is an actual font and not just a graphic, the word "Available" is written in the script font.
if you think that is interesting, you might find this really interesting. According to Fonts.com there are over 4500 different families of script. I typed in "Syracuse" and it shows all of them.
script - Fonts.com - Fonts.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom