OT: Tecmo Superbowl draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tecmo Superbowl draft

are you guys using an emulator- forgive my ignorance i saw tecmo super bowl and had to post just didnt catch the gist of the op..

I'm OG with the cartridge, rectangle controller and either front load and top load NES system. Front load is proper but top load is 10x more reliable.

i used to play all the time but the last time was when somebody brought in a nes system freshman year at b/b in 03 and we had a tsb tourney.. so are you guys playing the games on your system and uploading stats or just doing simulations? in down just want to know which positions are game and where and how we do the draft..

We're just drafting rosters fantasy football style. No way to play with said teams just drafting for s and gigs to see who can draft the most devastating team.

oh im down then.. i havent run the gamet with every team but always played with the cowboys .. didnt keep a notebook but used to play entire seasons just with running the ball or just passing .. had some insane season stats doing that.. and top load def better- had an nes system from a yard sale that died and keep saying im going to get another- has anyone tried hooking one up to like newer hdtv? tsb on my 70 inch hd .. boner city..

Chiefs > Eagles. Would be close with the Raiders (depends if you prefer O or D) but if you think you're going to run the QB Eagles top scramble against me you're going to have a bad time. Good luck running the ball with Keith Byars for 4 qtrs!

I'm from PA so a lot of folks would pick the Eagles. After getting repeatedly stuffed on the QB Eagles run they would go away from it for awhile and then get p*ssed when they'd try and sneak it by me later only to have it blown up again. I would also encourage folks to pick the Raiders because you're not stopping me with Howie Long and nobody else on defense unless my team goes turnover crazy.
Bob Golic as NT has a play where he get pressure easily, I could use the Raiders against you and use Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson each to get the job down through the ground and Jay Schroeder to Willie Gault is an underrated passing duo. I wouldn't need Howie Long or depend on Bo Jackson. Again, I know this game like the back of my hand. I am sure you could shut down the QB Eagles scramble play, but I could use one of the two shotgun pass plays and run out of them without using the draw and I would use Heath Sherman(whom I called Sherman Douglas) as my primary RB and not slow Byers. The key to the running game is either using a power back and having them bounce of using the speed backs. The Eagles also have Reggie White which is a really good DE to use and can achieve LT status(of automatic down when touched) when you dominate a few games.

are you guys using an emulator- forgive my ignorance i saw tecmo super bowl and had to post just didnt catch the gist of the op..
I have the game on 8 bit on my old school Nintendo and I love the game so much I have a emulator on my labtop and if I am bored on flight or something play TSB.

oh im down then.. i havent run the gamet with every team but always played with the cowboys .. didnt keep a notebook but used to play entire seasons just with running the ball or just passing .. had some insane season stats doing that.. and top load def better- had an nes system from a yard sale that died and keep saying im going to get another- has anyone tried hooking one up to like newer hdtv? tsb on my 70 inch hd .. boner city..

Lol. Pixelation is pretty horrible full screen to be honest. May be able to adjust screen size down and use half your screen with better results. Had a PS2 hooked up to our 46 inch flat screen and ran a ps1 game through it and it was ugly full screen. Didn't ever try the NES or SNES on it though. I have an old school 32 inch sony TV with the old systems on it. Can't play duck hunt on a flat screen either.

Bob Golic as NT has a play where he get pressure easily, I could use the Raiders against you and use Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson each to get the job down through the ground and Jay Schroeder to Willie Gault is an underrated passing duo. I wouldn't need Howie Long or depend on Bo Jackson. Again, I know this game like the back of my hand. I am sure you could shut down the QB Eagles scramble play, but I could use one of the two shotgun pass plays and run out of them without using the draw and I would use Heath Sherman(whom I called Sherman Douglas) as my primary RB and not slow Byers. The key to the running game is either using a power back and having them bounce of using the speed backs. The Eagles also have Reggie White which is a really good DE to use and can achieve LT status(of automatic down when touched) when you dominate a few games.

Love the smack talk. We 100% need to get this set up at a tailgate at some point and then probably every game there after.

Jay Schroeder sucked at life and I would play centerfield 10 yards deep with a stud linebacker. A) that LB can cover like 30 yards of field in pass defense or chase down the RB and B) I'm picking a running play on defense almost every play so I've got a 25% chance of picking your play which turns into 33 or 50% chance if it's 10 yards or more because you're run up the middle isnt getting a first down.

makes sense .. i was really bummed when the wii only offered like 30 nes games you could download.. had so hoped they would put tsb and some other sports games on there.. blades of steel was fun though being that the picture looked awesome.

makes sense .. i was really bummed when the wii only offered like 30 nes games you could download.. had so hoped they would put tsb and some other sports games on there.. blades of steel was fun though being that the picture looked awesome.

My 12 year old beat me at blades of steel exactly once and talked smack until we played again with much different results. He tried tecmo a few times against me but doesn't even want to try it anymore.

1)ImperialOrange
2)Alsacs
3)CuseTroops
4)Tee
5)OrangePace
6)Digable
7)OrangeZoo

Anymore takers? If we hit 8 we can just roll with it.

Love the smack talk. We 100% need to get this set up at a tailgate at some point and then probably every game there after.

Jay Schroeder sucked at life and I would play centerfield 10 yards deep with a stud linebacker. A) that LB can cover like 30 yards of field in pass defense or chase down the RB and B) I'm picking a running play on defense almost every play so I've got a 25% chance of picking your play which turns into 33 or 50% chance if it's 10 yards or more because you're run up the middle isnt getting a first down.
Steve Beuerlain is the Raiders backup QB and he can pass well remember that. I know I wouldn't run the table against all you guys as you are experts in this game as well, but honestly I have played as EVERY team and know the bread and butter for each team. I am sure it would be 50-50 in wins as it would just depend on dumb luck.

My 12 year old beat me at blades of steel exactly once and talked smack until we played again with much different results. He tried tecmo a few times against me but doesn't even want to try it anymore.
Blades of steel, YES! Another great one.
About Tecmo, I haven't had the old system in a while, but emulator is perfect replication.
Also had tourneys in SUNY Albany with my boys. Okoye/Word was a great RB combo, but didn't it seem like one or the other would always get injured?

About Tecmo, I haven't had the old system in a while, but emulator is perfect replication.
Also had tourneys in SUNY Albany with my boys. Okoye/Word was a great RB combo, but didn't it seem like one or the other would always get injured?
Okoye would always go down once a season just like one of Ottis Anderson and David Meggett would go down for the Giants.

another game- nintendo world cup soccer - where like every team had some crazy special move.. for us soccer nuts.. thats a fun one.
Dude do you how hard it was for me to beat Brazil and West Germany it WAS IMPOSSIBLE for me. I would score and then just kick the ball for goal kicks the whole game they couldn't be stopped if they setup in front of your goal.

Dude do you how hard it was for me to beat Brazil and West Germany it WAS IMPOSSIBLE for me. I would score and then just kick the ball for goal kicks the whole game they couldn't be stopped if they setup in front of your goal.

i always had to play 2 ppl vs the cpu to beat those teams it was ridiculous.. even italy was redic

Steve Beuerlain is the Raiders backup QB and he can pass well remember that. I know I wouldn't run the table against all you guys as you are experts in this game as well, but honestly I have played as EVERY team and know the bread and butter for each team. I am sure it would be 50-50 in wins as it would just depend on dumb luck.

Dumb luck is right. Nothing worse then laying a beating on someone only to have some scrub like Jay Schroeder or Steve Beuerline throw 3 picks or Barry Word drop a couple fumbles.

Okoye would get hurt with over use and Word liked to fumble.

If you played as Atlanta I honestly feel comfortable playing any team and feel comfortable. Miller-Rozier-Rison were decent, but I wouldn't put ATL as a playoff team in that game. The best NFC teams were the Giants/49ers/Eagles then Bears/Rams/Redskins with the Vikings/Saints/Lions next followed by the Cowboys(who had a lot of talent, but it was young talent)/Falcons/Cardinals/Buccaneers IMO.

Understood, but this is Tecmo. I don't know why, but I loved playing defense with Primetime.

49ers are insane on that game. Only team I ever had 2 guys in one season have 1000+ rushing/receiving yards.

damn you guys.. just ordered an nes system, tsb, nintendo world cup, duck hunt and tecmo nba basketball on amazon.. lol. im just as guilty of tempting myself.. next weekend bring it on.. will be showing my nephew ( my buddys kid might a well be my nephew :)) the ropes..