OT: Tecmo Superbowl draft | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tecmo Superbowl draft

Just downloaded the roms for not only 1991, but a few hacks of 1998 and 2000 rosters. Giants have Tiki Barber, etc but taking it back to the old school and going to beat on some cpu. Just have to find a crappy team that can make it challenging.

damn you guys.. just ordered an nes system, tsb, nintendo world cup, duck hunt and tecmo nba basketball on amazon.. lol. im just as guilty of tempting myself.. next weekend bring it on.. will be showing my nephew ( my buddys kid might a well be my nephew :)) the ropes..

Nice! I got mine and TSB from a local store (B day gift from my lovely wife) and the top load was actually given to me.

Your nephew probably isn't going to enjoy playing after 1 or 2 beat downs though.

Nice! I got mine and TSB from a local store (B day gift from my lovely wife) and the top load was actually given to me.

Your nephew probably isn't going to enjoy playing after 1 or 2 beat downs though.

haha yeah the likely trade off is playing some call of duty against with him as he destroys me in multiplayer..

my wife loves duck hunt and mario so as long as i got one of them i got the thumbs up

Just to reiterate if you missed it prior you can NOT play duck hunt on a flatscreen TV. Don't want you to buy it and find out after the fact. Get her Mario 3 and you're golden.

Understood, but this is Tecmo. I don't know why, but I loved playing defense with Primetime.

49ers are insane on that game. Only team I ever had 2 guys in one season have 1000+ rushing/receiving yards.
Yeah, Deion is a one of the better DBs BY FAR in that game.

Okoye would get hurt with over use and Word liked to fumble.
100% correct, Okoye would break down after like 3 games of usage and you would have to bench him for a game for his health to improve from bad or he would get hurt. Ward was a fumble machine it was infuriating.

i always had to play 2 ppl vs the cpu to beat those teams it was ridiculous.. even italy was redic
Once the computer lined up that trick shot you were done and couldn't spot the shot. It was ridiculous.

Dumb luck is right. Nothing worse then laying a beating on someone only to have some scrub like Jay Schroeder or Steve Beuerline throw 3 picks or Barry Word drop a couple fumbles.
Against any decent player and trust me all of us are above decent players ALL the games would come down to dumb luck unless we were allowed to use the good teams. Give me the Giants and I have NEVER lost a game(once I mastered the game) and I wouldn't even need the flea flicker play at all because any human player shuts that play down as well as the Phil Simms bootleg play.

my wife loves duck hunt and mario so as long as i got one of them i got the thumbs up
I got my first Nintendo and Nintendo game that had Super Mario Bros, Dunk Hunt, and the Olympics with Nintendo Power Pad for Christmas in 1989. I remember my parents giving it to me and then my Uncles, Aunts, and parents kicking out all my cousins and myself and playing those classic games along with the old Pinball game on NES for hours.
The dog in Duck Hunt was funner to play with than shooting the clay pigeons.

Against any decent player and trust me all of us are above decent players ALL the games would come down to dumb luck unless we were allowed to use the good teams. Give me the Giants and I have NEVER lost a game(once I mastered the game) and I wouldn't even need the flea flicker play at all because any human player shuts that play down as well as the Phil Simms bootleg play.

I'd play you as the 49ers or Bills. My best friend growing up is a huge Giants fan so I've played against them a fair amount. trying to score against LT, Mark Bavaro jumping 30 feet in the air to snag a terrible overthrown ball my db is waiting to pick off, and Dave Meggett who would randomly go on god mode and you couldn't catch him but I'll still give you a game.

damn you guys.. just ordered an nes system, tsb, nintendo world cup, duck hunt and tecmo nba basketball on amazon.. lol. im just as guilty of tempting myself.. next weekend bring it on.. will be showing my nephew ( my buddys kid might a well be my nephew :)) the ropes..
Best 40 bucks or less you have probably ever spent.

oh
I'd play you as the 49ers or Bills. My best friend growing up is a huge Giants fan so I've played against them a fair amount. trying to score against LT, Mark Bavaro jumping 30 feet in the air to snag a terrible overthrown ball my db is waiting to pick off, and Dave Meggett who would randomly go on god mode and you couldn't catch him but I'll still give you a game.
As long as you ran plays away from LT and adjusted your playbook to take any plays to LT's side you would have a chance as you know the game really well. Buffalo would be better against the Giants than 49ers. I know the 49ers personel and plays at a crazy level.

I got my first Nintendo and Nintendo game that had Super Mario Bros, Dunk Hunt, and the Olympics with Nintendo Power Pad for Christmas in 1989. I remember my parents giving it to me and then my Uncles, Aunts, and parents kicking out all my cousins and myself and playing those classic games along with the old Pinball game on NES for hours.
The dog in Duck Hunt was funner to play with than shooting the clay pigeons.

No lie, I got that exact same set up for Christmas. May have even been in '89 since it wasn't much later when I was dropping $50 from my piggy bank at K Mart for Tecmo Super Bowl.

oh

As long as you ran plays away from LT and adjusted your playbook to take any plays to LT's side you would have a chance as you know the game really well. Buffalo would be better against the Giants than 49ers. I know the 49ers personel and plays at a crazy level.

Right but the 49ers were more injury proof. If Montana went down you're still in good shape, and if you lose an RB youve still got a serviceable one left. If QB Bills or Thurman Thomas got hurt you were in a world of pain.

Right but the 49ers were more injury proof. If Montana went down you're still in good shape, and if you lose an RB youve still got a serviceable one left. If QB Bills or Thurman Thomas got hurt you were in a world of pain.
49ers were just stacked because is probably the best and if you lose you still have the other carry load and Dexter Carter on the bench and tons of skill guys.

49ers were just stacked because the game.

Yessir. I'm trying to avoid naming players because of the upcoming draft. Hopefully we get another 1 or 3 but if not we can roll with what we've got Monday. Just clocked out so we'll reconvene later.

Yessir. I'm trying to avoid naming players because of the upcoming draft. Hopefully we get another 1 or 3 but if not we can roll with what we've got Monday. Just clocked out so we'll reconvene later.
I will edit my post LOL.

This was an average Giants season for me on Tecmo. BTW, I was hated the gltich the 3 seed-6 seed winner would play the 1 seed(which I was a lot of the time.) It should have 1 seed versus 4-5 and 2 seed versus 3-6 even if the 6 seed won.

Man, I love this idea, and would love to be involved depending on what time it is being held.

Here is the top of my big board:

1) Randal Cunningham - Just brought a dimension to the game nobody else did. A top 5 passer plus a top rusher.

2) Jerry Rice - It just didn't matter if he was covered, he caught it anyway.

Big drop after those two - if playing I would probably try to trade into the top 2 if that was allowed.

3) Neal Anderson - When talking Tecmo running backs everybody usually talks about Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders, but I always liked Neal Anderson the best. In speed he had 63 notch below Barry (69), who was a notch below Bo (75), but he had more hitting power and more catching than those other two, which in my mind made him more versatile and valuable. For Chicago I actually liked to play him at fullback and get their other fast running back Johnny Baily in the game to start (plus fullbacks had some better receiving patterns in that game). I would move their full back Muster, who could catch, to tight end.

4) Henry Ellard - Remember him? His stats were almost as good as Jerry Rice's, but he didnt seem to make nearly as many covered catches as Rice always seemed to.

5) Drew Hill - Remember him? The Oilers (remember them?) were loaded on that game. I always thought of the 49ers, Oliers, Giants, and Bills (in that order) as the Big 4.

On D I loved LT (as everyone must, he was the best defensive player in the game, and Rod Woodson.

But the biggest sleeper in this draft needs to be Gerald Williams, the DT from Pitt. He was the quickest nose tackle in the game. You could dive through the middle and sack any QB with less than 19 speed on any play, which means that if you had a great but slow QB like Dan Marino or Phill Sims you had to bench him for a worse back up who was faster.

Man, I love this idea, and would love to be involved depending on what time it is being held.

Here is the top of my big board:

. He was the quickest nose tackle in the game. You could dive through the middle and sack any QB with less than 19 speed on any play, which means that if you had a great but slow QB like Dan Marino or Phill Sims you had to bench him for a worse back up who was faster.
Take part in the draft will be fun. I will say nice list, but I have a different draft board. I would edit your post if you are participating in the draft to get better value for your picks.