OT - To all of you Knick fans | Syracusefan.com

OT - To all of you Knick fans

Deano

All American
Me thinks the broom is about ready to come out.

Mr. Dolan - please hire Cal so college b-ball can get back to some kind of normalcy.

I think Coach Cal is so corrupt, the Knicks would end up on probation.

Disappointed but not shocked. You can't expect to take down the best team in the NBA in the first round missing 3/5 starters. Melo sucked last night and will get tons of criticism, I think unfairly because his Nuggets teams were never better than the Spurs or Lakers, not even close and with the Knicks we all know how this team crumbled due to injury last year and this year. However, Melo brought this upon himself and he will have to deal with it and find some way to make it work next year.

The Knicks are talented enough to compete with Miami in the future but poorly constructed. The starting 5 of Lin, Shump, Melo, Amare, Chandler is as talented as it gets but they havent proved they can play together, in fact they are starting to prove the opposite (Melo/Amare) and they will have empty pockets trying to bolster the bench after they give Lin the MLE. Hopefully we get Phil Jackson and he convinces some good vets to come join forces with us against the Heat. Im ok with keeping Woodson but he really hurt his chances with the performence against Miami even if it was a foregone conclusion given injuries and circumstance.

Miami's big 3 are playing at an extremely high level and more importantly their role players are REALLY stepping up. If this continues, they are unbeatable...in the East at least.

Listening and reading fan reaction to the Knick game this morning. Im suprised and happy that Melo isnt getting destroyed. Most people are just throwing their collective hands up and realizing we have no weapons outside of Melo and the Heat were able to focus on him. Injuries are a part of the game but I cant remember any team ever losing 3 starters going into and in the playoffs. Just crazy.

Would you guys package Lin and Amare if it was the only way to trade Amare and get value? I really like Lin, but I really want Amare off this team.

Me thinks the broom is about ready to come out.

Mr. Dolan - please hire Cal so college b-ball can get back to some kind of normalcy.

IMO, Cal would be the worst possible hire (of the names rumored). His antics on the sideline would wear thin incredibly quickly with Melo, I don't care how much WWW can bridge any tension. It would be a nightmare. And the pressure to win as a high profile Knicks coach would make coaching at UK look like pre-school.

I actually like Woodson (if they can't get Phil with a godfather offer). I think the team's construction needs a lot of work.

Listening and reading fan reaction to the Knick game this morning. Im suprised and happy that Melo isnt getting destroyed. Most people are just throwing their collective hands up and realizing we have no weapons outside of Melo and the Heat were able to focus on him. Injuries are a part of the game but I cant remember any team ever losing 3 starters going into and in the playoffs. Just crazy.

Would you guys package Lin and Amare if it was the only way to trade Amare and get value? I really like Lin, but I really want Amare off this team.

I would package Lin in a heartbeat. You can't have a PG that turns the ball over as much as him and win a title (if he is your starting PG).

The guys I like on the team are: Melo, Novak, JR (he needs to hook up with Ron Artest's shrink), Tyson, Iman and Harrelson.

IMO, everyone else should be expendable. If they are going to keep Melo, they need to build a team that works running the offense through him. Whether he is an elite enough star to win it all like that remains to be seen, but they don't have the flexibility to keep blowing things up.

Get Amare,Fields,Douglass out of town as soon as possible even if all you get is draft picks.

I'm not a Knicks fan, but from an objective standpoint I would. It's hard not to like Lin, but I don't think he's a star (I like the J.J. Barrera comparisons). If it gets you back talent, particularly on the defensive end, I think you make the move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom