OT-Toughest video game for you to beat | Syracusefan.com

OT-Toughest video game for you to beat

Alsacs

Living Legend
I am posting this here rather than the polarizing OT board.
I post this because I finally beat the hardest NES game ever for myself Dragon Warrior.
What was the toughest game for you to beat on any system.

Santa brought me one of those 3/4 size Pac-Man cabinets from Arcade1Up. I have been playing consistently since Christmas and have not broken 60,000 (got to the second lime board).

Mega Man 1

That first Ninja Turtles game on NES
TMNT the original is insanely hard after the underwater bombs level.
Good call.

The original Mega Man is sneaky hard but if you electricman and cut on the final Wiley it’s just dodging the attacks.
It is probably the hardest of the original 6 Mega Man NES games.

TMNT the original is insanely hard after the underwater bombs level.
Good call.

The original Mega Man is sneaky hard but if you electricman and cut on the final Wiley it’s just dodging the attacks.
It is probably the hardest of the original 6 Mega Man NES games.

I recall it being incredibly hard, definitely the hardest of the series IMO. My memory is a bit shaky here, but pretty sure I called it quits and used Game Genie for this one.

Great thread idea here... I wasn’t as big on Dragon Warrior as you, but my buddy was and I’d jump in on occasion. But this led us into Final Fantasy, which I loved and the only one of the series I ever got into (not big on RPG’s). In 5th and 6th grade we played the hell out of that game together on weekends. During the week we would alternate possession of the cartridge and try to gain as much XP as we could by ourselves. Beating FF 1 was so satisfying due to the hours of work we put into it. Incredible game and one of the most successful video game franchises of all time. Dragon Warrior was definitely the precursor to it.

Battletoads
Ghosts ‘n Goblins

Still have never come close to beating either one. There’s a whole slew of NES games, but these were the two that frustrated me the most.

Battletoads
Ghosts ‘n Goblins

Still have never come close to beating either one. There’s a whole slew of NES games, but these were the two that frustrated me the most.

Just came back to this thread to post Battletoads. The turbo tunnel level with the sled-type vehicle was quite the headache. SNES came on the scene not too long after this game and ultimately I moved on. Never beat it.

Battletoads
Ghosts ‘n Goblins

Good call on Battletoads but the level on the jet skis and the level you have to beat the bombs down are insanely hard.
I used the old Nintendo Power to beat it and there was a portal in the jet ski level that jumped you ahead to where you could beat the Dark Queen.

The battletoads/double dragon SNES combo game was an awesome crossover game.

Good call on Battletoads but the level on the jet skis and the level you have to beat the bombs down are insanely hard.
I used the old Nintendo Power to beat it and there was a portal in the jet ski level that jumped you ahead to where you could beat the Dark Queen.

The battletoads/double dragon SNES combo game was an awesome crossover game.

I remember that issue of Nintendo Power. Had a 2 page spread of the whole level with the directional arrow map.

Still took me like 75 attempts even with that map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom