OT: tv question for the gang | Syracusefan.com

OT: tv question for the gang

imdevo

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Scorer
need to make a decision by the am about this one. Im in nj and moving to a new spot. Cable or Fios?

need to make a decision by the am about this one. Im in nj and moving to a new spot. Cable or Fios?

DEVO!!!! How are you man?

I don't have access to fios so I can't answer your question. Just wanted to say hey.

DEVO!!!! How are you man?

I don't have access to fios so I can't answer your question. Just wanted to say hey.

Bruhhh. How is everything?! It has been a while since ive poated but im getting back in the groove. How are things with you? Glad to be back in here!

do not have FIOS but I did just switch from dish to TWC because of SU sports and the NYC channels. TWC can be very frustrating but the access to the sports team I like outweighs the negatives. Not sure if FIOS or in NJ offers the TWC channels but if they do not I would go with cable.

Get Fios. Period!
I live in NJ. Cable company was awful. If it rained a drop, no matter how many times they came out to "fix", I was out of tv. Switched to fios. Never ever ever a hiccup. I miss TW, but oh well. Splurged for the games I don't get through streams, but aside from that, fios is perfection. Will never go back to cable. Just a drop of rain is all it took to wipe me out for a day or more.

I switched from Time Warner (after 20 years) to Verizon FIOS late this past spring. I was pretty certain that I was going to miss out on the exhibition basketball games...Time Warner seems to have a local exclusive and they don't share. I did.

I was a little concerned about baseball, football, and basketball coverage with the switch. Outside of missing some of the Mets weekend games, that TW carried and Fios doesn't, baseball coverage was fine. College football just as good or better than TW. Basketball, outside of the exhibition games I expect Fios will be just as good as TW cable.

As far as the non sports channels...my wife has been happy with the offerings. I can't think of a channel that we've lost that we cared about...and we've picked up a couple that we occasionally watch that we didn't have with TW.

Quality of video feed...excellent...internet is faster especially on the upload side. No complaints..and were paying about $30 a month less. The FIOS product is better quality wise.

We did the triple play package with I think they call it the Premium cable TV package. Now I think it's called the Preferred package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom