OT: UA and ND become partners - Cuse Implications? | Syracusefan.com

OT: UA and ND become partners - Cuse Implications?

jr4750

All American
The future of college teams and their associations to apparel companies is an interesting thing to watch. With Nike, Addidas, UA, and to some extent Jordan Brand (Nike) apparel the most prevalent out there, it will be fun to watch how UA's rise, effects the payouts for the marquee programs that traditionally have been Nike's domain, including Cuse. Apparently the biggest contract at this point is between Michigan and Addidas at $8.2 million a year. That figure I am sure will be eclipsed by this UA/ND contract. Anyone know the status of our contract with Nike, when it was signed, how long, how much, etc.? I'm curious where and if the school goes to market now once the current deal expires, or if they stand pat with Nike. What if any are the recruiting implications, as I know there are Nike camps, Addidas Camps, etc. Francis03 tee1222 PauliePeppas other recruiting gurus, is walking away from our affiliation with Nike something we would never do recruiting wise? How much does this help us? UA has been gathering big programs in every sport and now will have ND, Auburn, Maryland, etc. Just something to think about as we continue to brand ourselves as an ACC school.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ighting-irish-select-armour-next-apparel-deal

DG has hired a couple of former Oregon folks so I'd be shocked if SU looked to leave Nike...especially while Boeheim is still coaching. I don't think he'd be for switching companies.

Nike is who convinced the SU AD to drop Orangemen/women to Orange for branding and $$$ purposes. Plus, JB is tight with Nike I highly doubt Syracuse will leave Nike in the foreseeable future. Maybe post-JB if Under Armour, Adidas throw buckets of money maybe, but not now or reasonably in the next couple of years. I bet if our contract expires Dr. Gross would maybe talk with the other companies for leverage and to get the best possible deal from Nike, but that is all I can see happening.