OT: vaccine | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got first dose of Pfizer three weeks ago no side effect whatsoever except little itchy rash the size of a quarter at the point of injection.

Next Tuesday is the second dose. Not sure what to expect.

I heard to expect sore arm swollen arm tiredness foggyness fever etc...hope not but took the day after off just in case.

Is it better to inject the second dose on the opposite arm?

I wasn't ask which arm on first dose, there is a desk where the nurse sits and the chair for me is to the right of the desk so it's naturally my left arm. If I want the right arm the chair has to be flipped or she has to walk around...
When I got mine they made a point to put one dose in one arm and the other in the opposite arm. I forget why they said they wanted to do that and most people I've talked to have said they never asked them. My wife got both in the same arm. She had a sore armpit with swollen lymph nodes after her second one. I wonder if that would have happened if they had done the other arm for the 2nd dose, but I don't know.

Actually I think you are lucky. A strong response indicates an active and robust immune system response.
Isn’t that what put all the COVID patients on respirators? The cytokeine storm is an overactive immune response.

Actually I think you are lucky. A strong response indicates an active and robust immune system response. People that don’t react not so much. At least that is what I was told.
That is not true at all. If you don’t have a reaction, that doesn't mean the vaccine didn’t work. The vaccines are extremely effective either way.

Last edited:
I wish the messaging from SU wasn’t so passive. They should be urging all students to sign up for a shot ASAP and explain that it’s everyone’s responsibility to get vaccinated, that the only way back to a normal campus life is to try to get to herd Immunity.

I wish the messaging from SU wasn’t so passive. They should be urging all students to sign up for a shot ASAP and explain that it’s everyone’s responsibility to get vaccinated, that the only way back to a normal campus life is to try to get to herd Immunity.
They announced 2 or 3 days ago that all students, faculty, and staff will be required to be vaccinated beginning June 1st.

They announced 2 or 3 days ago that all students, faculty, and staff will be required to be vaccinated beginning June 1st.
Yeah and I wonder how that was taken. Imagine there will be some serious pushback from some. Can’t recall hearing this from other institutions.

That is not true at all. If you don’t have a reaction, that doesn't mean the vaccine didn’t work. The vaccines are extremely effective either way.
Wasn’t really talking about vaccine effectiveness just the relative strength of virus response by immune system. Younger people are noting much stronger vaccine responses generally and it’s been noted that they theory is they generally have stronger immune systems in general. That’s all

J&J slows distribution of their vaccine after the EU announced a review after some people developed blood clots.

If I’m not mistaken they had a brief shutdown of the Oxford vaccine in Europe but eventually decided the risk was minimal and continued with the doses.

to clarify. Anyone planning to be on campus during the summer needs to be vaccinated prior to June 1. Anyone coming to campus for fall semester needs to be vaccinated prior to showing up.

Yeah and I wonder how that was taken. Imagine there will be some serious pushback from some. Can’t recall hearing this from other institutions.

not really.

All over the news here in Mass - BU, Northeastern, Brown, etc. are all requiring it. Duke, ND, Rutgers, Cornell, etc. too.

I think we'll hear many more in the coming days/weeks.

lawsuit in florida will be interesting if the universities follow thru with requiring it and the Gov order says you cant make it required.. what does that do with the other dozen shots that schools expect you to have to enter college.

lawsuit in florida will be interesting if the universities follow thru with requiring it and the Gov order says you cant make it required.. what does that do with the other dozen shots that schools expect you to have to enter college.
If precedents mean anything the anti vax cause is dead in court. We will see.

I’m hoping when the CDC officially puts vaccinated people as very low risk for transfer of virus ( very low , calculated risk area ) that sports will start falling in line , meaning vaccinated spectators only. It could get stadiums back to full capacity.

I’m hoping when the CDC officially puts vaccinated people as very low risk for transfer of virus ( very low , calculated risk area ) that sports will start falling in line , meaning vaccinated spectators only. It could get stadiums back to full capacity.
And just think - no smelly anti-Vaxxer weirdos sitting next to you!

Pushback would be hard to justify. Aren't vaccinations for other diseases required? I think I remember having to get a few boosters before I could attend SUNY Oswego 26 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom