OT: vaccine | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back on OT track here...

My daughter and I got jab #2 of Pfizer yesterday afternoon.
Easy peasy.
In and out in under 30 minutes, which included the mandatory 15 minute waiting period after the jab.

I slept like crap, but I can't really say if that was due to the vaccine or not (I think not).
Due to that, feeling tired today, so again - not sure if that can be attributed to the shot, or just a crummy night's (lack of) sleep.
I'm working from home today, and managing to get some stuff done.

My daughter feels like sh't today. Feverish, nauseous, and missed the day of remote school.
UGH.

She has a history of health-related issues, so I wasn't shocked that it hit her harder than me.
Hoping we're both back mostly to normal tomorrow.

Seems not to matter anymore. I mean, what's the point of having the pass, if no one is required to verify vaccination.

Seems not to matter anymore. I mean, what's the point of having the pass, if no one is required to verify vaccination.
There will still be events and venues requiring proof of vaccination for awhile.

I got shot #2 a couple weeks ago had no noticeable side effect. Thought it was slightly interesting, and I had not seen it posted yet. I'm a type 1 diabetic and my blood glucose levels were 2-3x normal the day after the first shot and I ate zero carbs for the 12 hours prior to testing so the only reason it should have been elevated is that my body thought it was fighting an infection or it caused some kind of glycogen dump. Thought it was interesting...or maybe only interesting if you're a diabetic lol:)

Moderna shot #2 is in the books. Hope the next 48 hours treat me kindly. Then comes the Summer of George.

How did that work out for you? My shot #2 was much better than #1. No side effects at all.

How did that work out for you? My shot #2 was much better than #1. No side effects at all.

The day after, around noon, I started getting a little fatigued and my brain was a bit foggy. Fever went up a bit. Couple Advil and a nap and I was fine.

So I read that infection rates are going down, which is great.

But what if you remove the vaccinated population from the equation? What is the non-vaccinated infection rate?

But what if you remove the vaccinated population from the equation? What is the non-vaccinated infection rate?
A California academic has suggested that statistics on hospitalizations and deaths include vaccination status.

Got the J&J shot yesterday morning.

30+ hours in and no side effects (knock on wood) including doing a full interval workout last night.

Let's hope this continues.

It is a relief to have gotten it.
Quick update..now over a week...

I don't know if I am an anomaly but I did not have a single side effect from the J&J shot.

Good question. I know 3 people, one is my mother in law, that recently tested positive and all three have been vaccinated. My mother in law is in a nursing home and all residents along with most of the staff have been vaccinated.

Good question. I know 3 people, one is my mother in law, that recently tested positive and all three have been vaccinated. My mother in law is in a nursing home and all residents along with most of the staff have been vaccinated.

Yeah, the vaccinations don't make you impervious to Covid, 'just' dramatically reduces your chances of getting it, spreading it, and dying from it.

Sadly, your MIL is in the higher-risk group of having an adverse result from getting a breakthrough infection
But the odds are still strongly in her favor that she'll be ok.

Vaccinations do not create some magic barrier that prevents you coming in contact with an infective orgamism, they do significantly increase your resistance to being made sick by the organism. As with any biologic your immune system health is very important also.

Yeah, the vaccinations don't make you impervious to Covid, 'just' dramatically reduces your chances of getting it, spreading it, and dying from it.

Sadly, your MIL is in the higher-risk group of having an adverse result from getting a breakthrough infection
But the odds are still strongly in her favor that she'll be ok.
Thanks.

Vaccinations do not create some magic barrier that prevents you coming in contact with an infective orgamism, they do significantly increase your resistance to being made sick by the organism. As with any biologic your immune system health is very important also.
I realize that, but I would be interested to see the numbers vs those without vaccines.

True. Statistically the breakthrough case count (covid-19 positive cases among fully vaccinated) is insignificant. 10000 out of 100+ million.

If the goal is to prevent spread of covid-19, as indicated in CDC guidance(ie continued mask compliance of unvaccinated, masking for all in certain places), the idea of covid-19 vax "passports", and other measures, then it would be helpful to know if cases counts among non-vaccinated people is the same/lower/higher than the entire population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom