OT: where do you live? | Syracusefan.com

OT: where do you live?

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Simple question. Still a couple days until we play so thought this would be interesting. I know we've got fans from all over the place on here so I was curious how many states we represent. Simple answer- not where you grew up, but where you currently reside and rock your orange.

Me: Tallmadge, Ohio (suburb of Akron).

Edit: since others have done it, originally from Fayetteville, NY (22 yrs).

Last edited:
Jersey City, NJ
(directly across the Hudson from Manhattan)

Sherrill, NY

Funny, stupid - totally OT story. In 4th grade ,we were studying NYS history when I became bored at the pace each kid was reading their paragraph aloud so I counted ahead to the paragraph I was going to have to read, got interested in it and was in my own little world. I was awoken suddenly out of my personal reading trance when I heard the nun say "Cheryl".

I woke up and stood up (as we did when called upon back then in the frontier days) and said "yes sister?" and waited for her question. The class started laughing and the nun said to me in the most disappointed voice "Cheryl, you weren't paying attention, were you?" I said "sister, I'm sorry could you please repeat the question?" (I figured I had already read everything and was even ahead so if she repeated the question, I'd still be okay). She replied "Cheryl, I was just correcting Thomas on his pronunciation of Sherrill, NY. " Since then I've felt a kindred spirit with that town that embarrassed me publicly so long ago. Again I apologize - dumb story and more proof of my undiagnosed ADHD. :oops:

Liverpool, NY by the way. Born and raised in Syracuse.