OT: where do you live? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OT: where do you live?

That arena was awesome and LOUD, too.
Is it still there? When I went to work for the Akron Daily Rag outta college in 1970, the year the Cavs were born, I covered some games at the old Cleveland Arena. Then Nick Mileti, the Cavs owner, decided to take the team to the burbs, and the Richfield Coliseum was born. Bad move, waste of $$$, since the team moved back to the city.

Currently live in Rochester, but go to school at SU (graduating this year). Hoping to get a job in Albany to start my career and eventually end up in DC, Chicago, or Boston.

Is it still there? When I went to work for the Akron Daily Rag outta college in 1970, the year the Cavs were born, I covered some games at the old Cleveland Arena. Then Nick Mileti, the Cavs owner, decided to take the team to the burbs, and the Richfield Coliseum was born. Bad move, waste of $$$, since the team moved back to the city.

Right. Nope. Nothing is there. It was awesome for me being in my early teens (moved from Oswego right before middle school) growing up in Akron. We could zip through the Cuyahoga Valley area on Akron/Peninsula Rd. then hit 303. Still a really nice and scenic area.

For the Brooklyn people, where in Brooklyn do you live? I live in Marine Park but am originally from Canarsie.

Holed up in a secret location in the Rockies with plenty of beer, botanicals, beef jerky, and a little bit of ammo for when the economy crashes. Currently accepting applications for a babe to add to that list of b's. Also adding to the list:born and raised on the hard streets of Bridgewater, NY...Mohawk Valley/CNY represent.

Spent some time in beautiful Albany, as well as the putrid streets of nearby Troy, and before that a year in Oswego, supposedly with the most bars per capita of any city, and the 2nd most beautiful sunset, or so I was told. Sandwiched in between there was a year in Herkimer, NY.

Broke up my time in the Rockies with some time in Kailua/Kaneohe on Oahu, like living in a different country, in a good way. Oddly, more people spoke English there than do here(uh oh, I sense people wanting to call me an ACC fan or something just for being honest ;) ). Helped proctor tests for TSA applicants there, and was interesting to see one of the widest variety of folks one could imagine. Contemplating going back, or to somewhere else coastal, maybe near DNABB, maybe we could drink together if he could accept my lighter bodied beer that doesnt taste like a meal. Always will have 315 in my heart. (picture one fist lightly tapping the chest as a show of respect to the beauty of upstate, NY).

Xenia, OH (more then likely the only person on the board who lives in a city that starts with an X). Grew up in Syracuse on Greenwood Pl. right near Wescott St. and Euclid, used to walk to class ('05 grad) and the Dome from my folks house. It was beautiful.

Born in Syracuse, now in cow country - Cincinnatus NY.
I live in Middletown, Virginia now, but lived in "lower" Cincinnatus before moving here in the late 1980s...

edit: born in Rome, high school years in Sandy Creek, college years in Syracuse & Ithaca in addition to stints in Marathon, lower Cincinnatus, Madison, Newport, & Dexter

Last edited:
Houston, TX (who would have guessed)
Origination point: Liverpool, NY. LHS '92

Xenia, OH (more then likely the only person on the board who lives in a city that starts with an X). Grew up in Syracuse on Greenwood Pl. right near Wescott St. and Euclid, used to walk to class ('05 grad) and the Dome from my folks house. It was beautiful.

If we're the same age and you grew up in that neighborhood, I'm guessing we know each other.

I'll be in Jeff City in a couple weeks. Been there four or five times before including while watching the NC game in 2003.
small world, i grew up in pulaski moved here in 81, and low and behold one of my childhood friends lives about 6 miles down the road. where did u watch nc game?

Chapel Hill, NC

F UNC

I already tried that and found out I couldn't get 8-12 likes like when Marsh did it with UConn ;) but I'll give you one and the Captain welcomes another FUNC Soul Brother aboard!!!!