OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation?

I haven't read the whole thread so this might have been covered. I'm taking my 10 yr old son to Williamsburg Va this year. I've never been there but he's into history and wants to go. If anybody has any tips about where to stay and what to do besides the normal stuff I found online, I would appreciate it.

I haven't read the whole thread so this might have been covered. I'm taking my 10 yr old son to Williamsburg Va this year. I've never been there but he's into history and wants to go. If anybody has any tips about where to stay and what to do besides the normal stuff I found online, I would appreciate it.

We took our kids to Williamsburg. It's nicely done and shows how people lived at that time very well.

But our boys much preferred Gettysburg and Harper's Ferry.

We took our kids to Williamsburg. It's nicely done and shows how people lived at that time very well.

But our boys much preferred Gettysburg and Harper's Ferry.

Williamsburg is neat. Stay at the inn and walk across the street to the restored area...lots of good joints in that town to eat as well.

I think I'm going to do an Okie Joe's and Arthur Bryant's comparison. I loved Okie Joe's when I was there last summer but that is the only BBQ I have had in KC. I will go back to Okie Joe's to at least buy their spicy BBQ sauce to take home with me. That stuff is the best BBQ sauce I've ever had. Also going to check out Boulevard, and CBE for sure.

Arthur Bryants is a great American experience. Go early.

Arthur Bryants is a great American experience. Go early.
Bryant's is an old standard but Okie Joe's and several others are much better.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

JoeCollege doesn't know yet, but I'm going to his house for a week. :cool:

Then I'm going to the Jersey Shore to support their economy. Been going there for years and won't stop now. F Sandy.

Two week road trip to Omaha, Neb., and southeastern Ill.

This is not going to be quite as exciting as last year's two week trip to Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Austria.

My first visit to the Old Spa, opening weekend.
Not really a vacation because we are always there but a long extended family weekend in NYC in August to see "Motown".
Miami in Aug...ugh..

My first visit to the Old Spa, opening weekend.
Not really a vacation because we are always there but a long extended family weekend in NYC in August to see "Motown".
Miami in Aug...ugh..
I've been to South Beach a couple times in August and had a great time and if you have any questions about Saratoga let me know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I've been to South Beach a couple times in August and had a great time and if you have any questions about Saratoga let me know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I lived in Miami for 10 years, never got used to the summers. Thanks..! will do..

We are just hanging out in Alaska for the summer. We have some family coming up from outside throughout the summer. Many weekend trips around the state have been being planned for the last couple weeks. I'd love to get down to Juneau and hang out with AlaskaSU tho!

First trip- Heading to Denali National Park to see the Matt Lewis Band in a few weeks.
I'll be right behind you. Flying in to Anch Th morning, then north to Talkeetna, a stop at Byers Lake for the Kesugi Ridge trail, and north to Denali, north again to Healy for some horseback riding, and then maybe Fairbanks as my better half needs some furs for coat ruffs to get ready for winter in Kodiak. Kodiak crab festival is this weekend. When you live in Alaska why go anyplace else? I still have not seen half of what I want to see in this State. Keep you posted with the old Ipad.