OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation?

My family's been doing the Jersey Shore (Lavallette) every summer since before I was born, so I'll be down there a fair bit assuming the town's in decent shape. Family's doing the full week for the fourth, but I might spend a few weeks here and there at the house since most of my work is from home anyway. Very excited. We got tremendously lucky that our house is in good shape.

Chicago's art museum blows me away. The paintings they have there are unbelievable. One of my favorites.
yep no doubt, all the museums down in that area are top notch. Lived there 5 years and couldn't get enough of them. Such a wonderful town. If I wasnt going to Italy this year (thanks for the well wishes btw) I'd surely be heading to he Chitown for the Northwestern game. Always a fun time in that city. Luv the Windy City...

Mike, we just got back from a week on the Amalfi Coast. Sweet trip. Let me know if you need any travel tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa Steve seriously? Glad I got your number as I'll be in touch my man. Cant wait to hear about that area. Did you do Pompeii, etc. a bit north of their.

Considering Outer Banks or Nantucket. Not sure. Hard to top recent trip to Amalfi Coast.

I think a trip to Texas and Mexico are in order for you and your bro...and I'm not talking the ones down South. Let me know if you make it up to Oswego County in late July.

Only 1 place... Camp on the Champlain islands in grand isle, vt. Only working 4 days a week this summer... With two solid weeks of vacation mixed in. 3-4 trips to Saratoga four some racing.
Ahhh Saratoga! Hope to get there myself for some pony watching

Whoa Steve seriously? Glad I got your number as I'll be in touch my man. Cant wait to hear about that area. Did you do Pompeii, etc. a bit north of their.

We did Pompei. Don't miss it. Extraordinary.

Sorry, I forgot to mention--gonna be your porch in Elmira. Be a good boy and stock up on some of those good beers from Horseheads Brewing--right down the road from you. See ya soon!

Luckily the prison is just down the road as well!

We did Pompei. Don't miss it. Extraordinary.

I'm teaching about the Roman Empire right now. Just used Mt. Vesuvius as a bonus question!

As an avid traveler it's so fun reading about everyone's vacation plans.

My wife and I are expecting our first child (a girl!) any day now so for the first time in forever we are planning on laying low this summer in Chicago. Hopefully having a nice beach vacation around Labor Day so that we can get the little one used to flying. We were thinking about Sea Island in Georgia... has anyone been there?

As an avid traveler it's so fun reading about everyone's vacation plans.

My wife and I are expecting our first child (a girl!) any day now so for the first time in forever we are planning on laying low this summer in Chicago. Hopefully having a nice beach vacation around Labor Day so that we can get the little one used to flying. We were thinking about Sea Island in Georgia... has anyone been there?

Was just there for a wedding in March. Absolutely gorgeous place.

I'm probably an oddity, but I have traveled so much for work, that I just want to stay at home. I've been in all 50 states, did it before I was 30, it kind of burnt me out. Would love to travel more overseas, but raising kids doesn't make it an option. Will be up in Cato, NY for family reunion for a week and do our annual wine tour. Sorry for the low rent district of posts.

Gotta admit I'm pretty jazzed for this trip. Seeing as both sides of the family hail from there I'm psyched to finally get there as an adult. Vaguely recall being there as a kid and not really appreciating much, lil different this time around. Sounds like from your post/board name that you're a semi-regular over there. Would love to sometime hear your quick reccomendations and advice of what to do/see from someone who knows the ropes.

Other than Rome, where you are going is not really my area of expertise. The last time at Pompeii/Sorrento/Capri was in college and I have never been to Calabria or Sicily.

My father goes to Sicily every year and swears by a place called Cefalu (on the cost about 40 miles from Palermo). He says it is gorgeous.

In Rome, do all the usual: Coliseum, Forum, Vatican and Saint Peter's, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Fontana di Trevi etc...If you have extra time, do the Catacombs. Stay centrally.

And make sure you walk. Rome is for walking. There is a piece of history around every corner.

Pay the rogue tour guides at the most popular sites to cut the lines.

And, for Godsakes, eat enough for 5 people at every meal...

Chicago's art museum blows me away. The paintings they have there are unbelievable. One of my favorites.

Was there two weeks ago. One of my favorites, Pollock's 'Greyed Rainbow', same age as me. I've attempted to rearrange my neurons to match the painting.

Attachments

• Greyed Rainbow.jpg
    Greyed Rainbow.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 63
No vaca during the summer this year. Sacrificed it so we could be in Maui in November to see SU play in their invitational. Probably take a few (or more) long weekends to enjoy the summer weather.

Five days in the Scottish Highlands (staying halfway between Fort Augustus and Inverness on Loch Ness) and ten days driving around the Republic of Ireland, starting on July 21st.

That's on my bucket list along with a trek south to Glasgow and Merseyside to take in some football games and then across the Irish Sea to Dublin.

I am going on vacation in my mind....and, there I go.

Sir, you are not allowed to be using electronic devices until we've reached 10,000 feet.

Fayetville is a nice little town. Hit me up when you come through KC. I can give you some pointers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Will do! Fayetteville is nice for sure. I was in KC for 24 hrs last summer on a Sat. Managed to get to Oklahoma Joe's, Manifesto, and to this legendary jazz set at Foundation from 2AM-6AM, lol. Definitely want to get to Boulevard this time.

Planning on going back to the 'Cuse...maybe around the 4th of July...may even bring some...ahem...of those really good "sparklers" from down south. While up in CNY, planning on taking AFO, Jr. to Cooperstown...not that he will really care to be honest...

Also, may hit the Fingerlakes, Wine Country, region...Dad lives in Skaneateles (SkanSU). If we have time may take a trip up to the 1k Islands/Lake Ontario area.