OT: who is the most prominent SU grad (non sports related)? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: who is the most prominent SU grad (non sports related)?

AP_prince_alwaleed_bin_talal_jt_130730_16x9_992.jpg

Al-Waleed bin Talal is another member of the Saudi royal family, and was listed as one of Time magazine's hundred most influential people in the world. He was also listed as the 26th richest man in the world in 2013. Arabian Business ranks him as the most influential Arab in the world. He also has a masters from SU.[/QUOTE]

He is an alum as much as Marv Albert (who transferred to NYU after two years) or Vanessa Williams (who left school after being chosen Miss America). There is a difference between an alum and a graduate. You can be an alum without graduating. It just means you attended the school. The dictionary definition of alumnus is "graduate or former student." http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alumnus

Thanks for that Joyce! I stand corrected!!!!!

Ahh...once again your confidence in the American public is showing.
I'd bet even fewer could pick him out of a lineup (and just imagine what that lineup would look like).

You could get a line up based on pictures of "Cosmetic Surgeries Gone Wrong". If Joe gets anymore work done, he won't be able to smile.

Prominent...how do you define it. Buden's job is noteworthy, but if the definition is famous, he's probably not top ten. Politicians, generally are more influential than famous. Most Americans don't know or care who the VP is. Dick Clark, Bob Costas..., are much more famous.

FWIW, if you put JAB and Joe Biden in a two man lineup and asked 100 random people in the USA to name them..more would likely know Boeheim.
I'm not so sure. Outside of college basket ball fans, or maybe basketball fans in general, I don't think many would know who JB is. Biden is seen on every national news (I use news loosely) show from time to time. JB is seen on local TV and ESPN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom