OT- "Wicked" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT- "Wicked"

I have a cousin like that. But I also have the attention span of a small child. So if your talking to me and I just don't care... ill point to what has drawn my attention and will go look at it. This could include a drawing a 4 year old did at pre k that's on your fridge.
The fake phone call trick works like a charm. I see him coming and the phone goes right to the ear. I once had to fake a 15 minute conversation with noone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fake phone call trick works like a charm. I see him coming and the phone goes right to the ear. I once had to fake a 15 minute conversation with noone

He's gotta know.

Has anyone seen this? Wife picked up tickets for when we are in NYC.

Is it good?

I'm trying to figure out if this is something I will enjoy, or if i'll need a solid buzz to be able to fake it.

Terrific show. If you liked the Wizard of Oz, this is the back story from the witch's point of view. Very touching in spots, some very funny references to the Wizard of Oz and a great ending.

I have a cousin like that. But I also have the attention span of a small child. So if your talking to me and I just don't care... ill point to what has drawn my attention and will go look at it. This could include a drawing a 4 year old did at pre k that's on your fridge.
You sure we're not brothers? I also point out the one thing that might have caught my attention after half listening at the very best. My wife loves that about me. :)

You sure we're not brothers? I also point out the one thing that might have caught my attention after half listening at the very best. My wife loves that about me. :)
I'm notorious for this. People in my family have accepted that at some point when you are talking to me.. I'm going to flake. If anyone else does it, they call it edowding.

Terrific show. If you liked the Wizard of Oz, this is the back story from the witch's point of view. Very touching in spots, some very funny references to the Wizard of Oz and a great ending.

This. If you enjoyed the Wizard of Oz, you will like this show. Plus, they sell booze at the theater before and at intermission if I remember correctly.

Solid show.

You get cold tongue for dinner a lot, don't you.

I do versions of this that my wife terms as selective hearing.

I don't even bother with pointing, I just walk away. My wife says she can tell the instant I zone out on one of my relatives, like I'm drawing a shade down.

Before I opened this thread I wasn't familiar with that show and thought this was going to have to do with 80s slang. I feel uncultured now

I would like to see Glengarry Glen Ross though, being I enjoyed the dialogue in the film as much as I did.

My first thought was that it was about the saying overly used in the Boston area, or about bathing suits we wish our wives could wear in Maui.

Last edited:
I don't even bother with pointing, I just walk away. My wife says she can tell the instant I zone out on one of my relatives, like I'm drawing a shade down.
Lol id love to know what these people think when grown adults walk away mid sentence when 6 seconds ago I was personally engaging in dialogue.

Lol id love to know what these people think when grown adults walk away mid sentence when 6 seconds ago I was personally engaging in dialogue.

My siblings are all used to it by now. Heck, they don't even call me anymore because they know I'll be paying attention to/doing something else while on the phone with them. They call and ask for my wife (which actually is a better choice all around).

My first thought was that it was about the saying overly used in the Boston area, or about bathing suits we wish I wives could wear in Maui.
My aunt, born and raised in beantown, bought me a shirt that said wicked pissah... I thought she was making a crack at my prostate. We nearly threw down.

My siblings are all used to it by now. Heck, they don't even call me anymore because they know I'll be paying attention to/doing something else while on the phone with them. They call and ask for my wife (which actually is a better choice all around).
Yea those who expect it we can't fool. But a stranger would be like What. My brothers are guilty of this too. When we get together we have the strangest conversations because they shift with each individual thought we have. We get each other... my mother thinks we eat acid before we come over.

Yea those who expect it we can't fool. But a stranger would be like What. My brothers are guilty of this too. When we get together we have the strangest conversations because they shift with each individual thought we have. We get each other... my mother thinks we eat acid before we come over.

It was great when my son was younger and I could pretend I needed to check on him. My brother's still do that now. I don't have the excuse anymore because at 10 years old, I barely even see him at the family gatherings now.

It was great when my son was younger and I could pretend I needed to check on him. My brother's still do that now. I don't have the excuse anymore because at 10 years old, I barely even see him at the family gatherings now.
Haha have another one immediately. My biggest downfall whilst conversating is tv. If it is on... 98% chance I will stop listening to you even if lifetime is on. Flashing colors and movement destract me.

Haha have another one immediately. My biggest downfall whilst conversating is tv. If it is on... 98% chance I will stop listening to you even if lifetime is on. Flashing colors and movement destract me.

A guy I worked with calls TV "instant babysitter." Even for adults. I have to turn it off if I'm talking to someone (and they insist I actually participate).

A guy I worked with calls TV "instant babysitter." Even for adults. I have to turn it off if I'm talking to someone (and they insist I actually participate).
My wife will turn it off.. this means she would like to communicate.

Wicked even made it out here to the desert.

The wife had it on her bucket list, so we went.

The production here was very well done.

Gotta fess up, I wasn't looking forward to going, but I really enjoyed the production once there.

If you are open minded, you will have at least a good time, maybe better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom