OT-Will be in Greensboro soon-Any reason to visit ACC headquarters? | Syracusefan.com

OT-Will be in Greensboro soon-Any reason to visit ACC headquarters?

Wet and Wild is pretty fun if you like water parks. Other than watching Cuse beat up on NC State in the ACC tournament two years ago there, I don’t go there much.

Personally, I'm a fan of Oden Brewing and Stamey's bbq in Greensboro but Mac's Speed Shop (a Charlotte franchise) is a pretty option as well.

Everything JB has said about Greensboro is true. That said there is a civil rights museum worth a look and Heavenly Buffaloes has or had a location there. Best wings maybe ever. Oden is good. Some fun nightlife downtown.

There's a strip club across the road from Chik-Fil-A that had jello wrestling the last time I was there if you're into such a thing

The ACC headquarters, you say?

sddefault.jpg

If you are into history, besides the Civil Rights museum, there is Guilford Courthouse National Military Park. It's the battlefield where General Greene, hence Greensboro, fought Cornwallis during the Revolution. Good for a walk.

Maybe they have a comment box outside?.

My brother got married there (20 years ago or so). If it's not a furniture week. The place is dead.
Prideful story: my brother told me that after his wedding, the place he had the reception stopped doing weddings. Seems that a tribe of drunken Irish Yankees drank ALL the beer and were running around the place all night.
I must have missed that because my wife and I went to bed at 4:00 AM after busting in on one of my brother's groomsmen and the bridesmaid he had hooked up with. (He was cool with it, and we chatted for a while before heading off to bed.)

Then, because an ahole judge wouldn't adjourn a trial, we had to get up at 6:00AM on Sunday to drive back to Syracuse for 9:00 AM Monday trial that settled in about 30 minutes. Oh well, at least I had the experience of the hungover drive with 4 kids under 10 and a hungover wife.

Or any other ideas in the area?
Greensboro is fairly awful to visit or spend time there. Red Oak Brewery is a little outside of Greensboro but has fantastic beer. Big fan of both the Red Oak Amber lager and Hummingbird Helles (munich golden lager).

Another story about my brother's wedding. The day before we golfed. 18 was a par 4. I totally flubbed my drive and essentially dribbled off RLT he heel, pulling it left. It caught the cart path and wound up about 30 yds from the front of the green. Chip and a put to finish with a birdie which I didn't deserve. Such is golf.

go to Denny's instead
I was waiting how long it would take for someone to nail this. I actually am stunned it did not happen within the first 3 posts. Winner, Winner chicken dinner for JKinPhilly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom