OT - WVU upgrades | Syracusefan.com

OT - WVU upgrades

Awesome!!!

The Melo is great but WVU has something a level higher.

You should see the area behind this facility; massive erosion issues after they lopped off a huge chunk of the arboretum (on a very steep slope) to build the place. I hope they have begun taking countermeasures...

Also, I'm legitimately not meaning to make this political in any way, but it's worth questioning this kind of extravagant excess for athletics in a public university in a state with...fill in the blank regarding education, poverty, the opioid problem.

Also, I'm legitimately not meaning to make this political in any way, but it's worth questioning this kind of extravagant excess for athletics in a public university in a state with...fill in the blank regarding education, poverty, the opioid problem.
Fair point. I guess it's worth it as one of the only things that bring the state residents happiness?

Umm...NYS has one of the highest overdose by opioids per 100,000 in the country. It's a national problem.

West Virginia leads for opioid overdose rates. Bad problem throughout the US but NYS not in the top 10.

Do state colleges have avenues to funnel millions from athletics to fight the opiod crisis? Most of these ultra-swanky athletic facilities are the result of state schools earning more money from athletics than they know what to do with. Gotta spend it.

I'm sure millions go to more altruistic endeavors. Build better facilities, get better recruits, win more games, make more money to fund academic stuff.

Build better facilities, get better recruits, win more games, make more money to fund academic stuff.
I don't think the italicized bit is happening in any appreciable form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom