OT: You can name the Knicks new D-League team.... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: You can name the Knicks new D-League team....

The team will begin playing in White Plains this fall. If they select your name, you can win season tickets.

ttp://www.theexaminernews.com/knicks-d-league-team-finds-a-home-at-the-westchester-county-center/
How many people remember the Westchester Bulls who were a minor league team of the NY Football Giants. I'm actually surprised that I remember that since they were only in operation for a couple years.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Forgettables/product-reviews/B0014XEIU0
This review is from: The Forgettables (Hardcover)
I recently purchased the book "The Forgettables" by Jay Acton and just finished reading. As a former fan of the late Westchester Bulls I remember the Atlantic Coast Football League, and this book is for any fan of pro football in the 60's and 70's. I knew that the players of ACFL worked hard and a few of them were given the chance to play in the NFL and Canadian Football League. The lure of Westchester Bulls for me was the Giants sent many players to Mt. Vernon's Memorial Field to get game experience. Junior Coffey,Ernie Coy,Chuck Mercein were just a few of the players that donned the Westchester Bulls uniforms. I loved the Bulls but after reading "The Forgettables" I love the Firebirds. This sports book holds up almost 30 years after it is written and I understand NFL Films will be doing a special segment on the Pottstown Firebirds that will make reading this book even more special because what won't been in that documentary will be in this book. Wish Mr Acton would republish it.

How about the White Plains Orangemen? The colony was founded by the Dutch after all.

The Skcink...that's Knicks spelled backwards.

That's actually a street in in White Plains. But you might have known this to post that.
The native american tribe that were there at the time called it that. Means white plains or marsh or something like that.

For guys struggling to make the NBA...it's gotta be The Westchester Wannabes.

Worst. Contest. Ever.

They went with...

WESTCHESTER KNICKS

You can't make this stuff up:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/new-york-...ba-development-league-team-westchester-knicks

wck-launch-lockup-600-v2.jpg

PoppyHart said:
This reminds me of the time when Price Waterhouse and Coopers & Lybrand merged and the two accounting/cost cutting/consulting firms paid another consulting firm to identify a new brand name. After $1 million in fees, they went with Price Waterhouse Coopers.
to further, in 2010 they spent north of $3 million more resulting in the Company being rebranded as PwC.

You can't make this stuff up.