(Other) Grad Transfer | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

(Other) Grad Transfer

Be interesting to see if the waiver doesnt pass (I think it will for this year) but if it doesnt, would we roll and get another forward just for this year
the waiver, i think, is immaterial. the bigger question is whether there will even be a season played
i've heard there are unofficial discussions at major universities about whether or not they will even open in the fall

Matt Haarm's personal message...
Now let's hope that his next message is his final list of schools he is considering with SU in it. Or better yet, a post that he will be attending SU for his final year of eligibility.

Last edited:
Seems like any guy that's 6'10 and above is on our radar right now lol. Theres definitely some different scenarios going on right now. Going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out when its done.

Seems like any guy that's 6'10 and above is on our radar right now lol. Theres definitely some different scenarios going on right now. Going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out when its done.
Correct.

Which means what about the development of our young bigs?

Correct.

Which means what about the development of our young bigs?
Might not have too much confidence in them. Or maybe they realize they will be serviceable as upperclassman and need more time to develop...meaning we need someone NOW to come in and make a impact along with Bourama.

Might not have too much confidence in them. Or maybe they realize they will be serviceable as upperclassman and need more time to develop...meaning we need someone NOW to come in and make a impact along with Bourama.
Exactly.

The jump from high school to college is the biggest for centers, unless they are freak athletes it takes time...

for better or worse Quincy and Marek are JB's starting forwards for next year

If we start Buddy, Joe, Q, Marek and Sidibe, that's not a top 4 ACC team, even with the extra experience. We need somebody good enough to win a starting role and add something dynamic to this offense. We need athleticism. I have binged watched a lot of SU sports lately, and I marvel at how athletic our front courts used to be - even after the "legendary" teams. We had size, we were quick, we rebounded much better as a team than we remember. We ran the break like few teams in college. We were Showtime for about a decade. And we returned to that a little over a decade ago, from Jonny Flynn until Dion, or maybe MCW left.

But "poof", it was gone, and suddenly we were Pittsburgh under Jamie Dixon, grinding out 50 point games. And now we lack athleticism that we need to run a balanced offense. We haven't had a balanced offense in a long time, where we had 2 or 3 outside shooters, a couple guys who can drive and get to the rim, and a big man who can at least score on put backs and the occasional basket from the low post "and one".

6'10 230lbs grad transfer eligible immediately.

Kinda surprised this hasnt gotten more attention after being brought up on here. Solid player and would be nice to have as a rental for a year. Big body and pretty skilled. He has some good programs getting involved.

"A highly thought of recruit coming out of high school, Rapolas Ivanauskas initially decided to commit to Northwestern. After some injury filled years stunted his development, Ivanuaskas made the decision to transfer, and headed to Colgate.

Once at Colgate, the 6-foot-10 forward showed why he was wanted by high-major programs out of high school. As a sophomore Ivanauskas averaged 15.9 points and 7.8 rebounds per contest, and he followed that up as a junior averaging 13.1 points and 7.6 boards per game.

Now Ivanauskas will be on the move again after entering the transfer portal, and his phone has been very busy.

“The first couple of hours were kind of crazy with calls and texts,” said Ivanauskas. “It has been good though. It has been good to see what the market is like.”

A whole lot of assistant coaches reached out to Ivanauskas from the high-major level, and some head coaches did as well.

“I spoke with Coach (Mark) Turgeon from Maryland, Coach (Anthony) Grant at Dayton, Coach (Patrick) Ewing at Georgetown, and Coach (John) Brannen from Cincinnati,” he said. “Those are the four schools whose head coaches I have spoken with.”

When asked what that means to have head coaches reaching out so early, Ivanauskas said, “It means a lot, that is for sure. I think that it shows their interest when the head coach reaches out right away. The head coach makes the decision, and for them to reach out, it is an honor.”

For Ivanauskas, who is from the suburbs of Chicago, he says location won’t be a factor, but fit will.

“I am open to playing anywhere,” said Ivanauskas. “I am just looking for perfect situation in terms of basketball.”

About what that perfect situation would be, Ivanauskas said, “I think the perfect situation to me is to play a good amount, catch the ball in positions where I can score and pass, and then also to win. Those are some of things that are really important to me in this decision.”

Since Ivanauskas just got into the transfer portal on Sunday, he is content to take his time and see who all reaches out before cutting down his list and making a decision.

Look for many more schools to get heavily involved, as Ivanauskas is one of the best prospects on the market right now and is someone who is a very good student to go along with a track record of production."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom