Otto's Grove upgrade... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Otto's Grove upgrade...

The man gets a press pass and decides to get all professional. Big timer.

Nice work, both visually and wordily.
Speaking of, we got denied press credentials for SU lax. Bummer.

But sounds like we are getting credentials for the ACC basketball tournament.

To recap: OG will be represented at the freaking ACC tournament, but our own school (of which several people behind the site are alums) won't give us a press pass for lacrosse. Oh well.

jekelish said:

To recap: OG will be represented at the freaking ACC tournament, but our own school (of which several people behind the site are alums) won't give us a press pass for lacrosse. Oh well.

They just want people to go to Greensboro...

Surprised at the lax snub though.

They just want people to go to Greensboro...

Surprised at the lax snub though.
Eh, they said that credentials are reserved for people associated with the national blog networks (SB Nation, R*vals, $cout, 247, etc) so from that perspective I get it. Still sucks we can get in on Tobacco Road but not our own backyard.

Also, thanks everyone for checking out the site today. Looks like this is going to become our best traffic day since we launched last April.

I've spent of ton of time over the past year+ building and designing my website (with no background of such things) and much of that time was spent studying UI/UX. yours is great. well done and professional. the only thing I might suggest to "modernize" it a bit is to limit the iframes (for loading issues) and maybe using a more modern (but free) social media sharing interface. check out addthis(dot)com. lastly, I'd have the link to syracusefan open in a new frame. it should drive traffic here but shouldn't take people off your site. same thing for any other external links you may have.

also, just want to say I really like the blog, what you cover and the writing. just another perk of having stumbled upon this board.

backstage21.gif

Just to update this again: I decided to go for broke and apply to become a member of the Yardbarker network.

If we get accepted, that's massive for us. I'm feeling we have about a 25% chance of getting accepted, we will see what happens.

Just to update this again: I decided to go for broke and apply to become a member of the Yardbarker network.

If we get accepted, that's massive for us. I'm feeling we have about a 25% chance of getting accepted, we will see what happens.
Update v2.0 - I'm now up to 50% feeling that we'll get accepted into the Yardbarker network. Maybe closer to 60% at this point.

Try Sue Edson instead of Pete. Might have better luck in that she's reasonable and a nice person.

Try Sue Edson instead of Pete. Might have better luck in that she's reasonable and a nice person.
I actually contacted Mike Morrison, the contact for lacrosse. Oh well, I suppose.

I also realized just now that I picked the worst possible time to apply to become part of the Yardbarker Network, in terms of actual timing...it takes about 2 business days for them to look at your site and get back to you, according to the application, so of course I submitted on Thursday...and Monday is a holiday. So it'll probably be Tuesday by the time I hear anything. Ha. Freaking great job by me picking that horrible timing.

So, just wanted to share a milestone we're about to hit: by the end of the day, we'll have passed 10,000 page views for the month of January, with nearly two weeks remaining. This is the first time we've hit that mark. Thanks to all for indulging us and reading our stuff...it's a project that I know I for one, and the other folks helping me as well, have begun taking more and more seriously and want to turn into an actual, legitimate, widely read Syracuse website.

If you like the stuff we're doing, please feel free to share it on social media. Follow us on twitter (@) and like our Facebook page (facebook.com/). Social media sharing is a big part of growth, and expanding our audience. I'm still crossing my fingers we get accepted into the Yardbarker Network, to give us some more legitimacy moving forward. And I know that 10k page views in a month may not seem like a ton...but considering where we started, with roughly 1500 page views in our first month (May of last year, when we weren't necessarily taking it overly seriously...we only really started getting serious about it in December, and our rapidly growing page views, site redesign, and improved content really reflect that, I think), we've come a hell of a long way.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read our stuff, and thanks to JackBauer44, Orangezoo, CuseTroop, CuseFaninVT, EastCoast2, and our newest contributor, SWFLCUSE for helping me with this passion project of mine.

Oh and by the way - we want to add lacrosse content. If any of our lax experts are interested in contributing game recaps or previews now and then, please feel free to drop me a line. I'm determined to make this thing a viable place for SU fans to get information about their programs.

What is the yardbarker network?
It's a national network of blogs and websites that's owned by Fox Sports: http://www.yardbarker.com/

Awful Announcing is one of their most famous sites. College Spun, which BlackKnight76 writes for, is another YBN site. Busted Coverage, NESN.com, Larry Brown Sports, Coed Magazine...those are the big ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Bumping because I'm way too excited about the addition of one little logo in the upper right portion of this screenshoot. #legitimized

20hatlv.jpg

Hell, I'll just post this kind of stuff here so as not to clutter the board up with OT stuff, but I decided to do a little more satire: http://.com/de-committed-recruit-assures-school-its-not-you-its-me/

Hell, I'll just post this kind of stuff here so as not to clutter the board up with OT stuff, but I decided to do a little more satire: http://.com/de-committed-recruit-assures-school-its-not-you-its-me/

Bravo - first time I visited. Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom