Our beloved fan base... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our beloved fan base...

This may surprise but the crowds/fans are better when the team is good.

Eh, I know exactly what he means. The crowd is usually only really juiced up and loudly engaged in the game right from the jump ball a couple times a year. Might be partly being spoiled from long term success that they only get up for certain opponents, might be partly the size of the building, might be partly just too many habitual iPhone checking zombies, etc.

The crowd sizes are great, and the SU b-ball fanbase is a large and passionate one. But the crowds at the Dome have been gradually getting less and less lively for a long time, in my opinion.

Crowds everywhere are generally horrible and not the same anymore. That goes for everything from high school b-ball to big time college hoops to pro games to concerts. Like you said, phones are a huge reason.

I think you are onto something.

Just out of curiosity, how many people have actually contributed to a game thread or the chat room while actually watching at the Dome?

man-raising-hand-light-skin-tone.png

I will paste what they deleted in this post. I did not see this thread beforehand so here's what I posted...

This has probably been beaten down over the years on this board but I will say it again anyway because I am just so damn frustrated about this. Yes I am venting here. Every game we go to we do everything we can trying to get the crowd to stand up or even cheer and give our guys a boost when we need it, but the zombies just stay seated on their fat hind ends. We get a big bucket putting us up by four w a few minutes left, crowd's getting louder, so naturally we stand up. We're waving our hands, motioning our section (109, 110) to stand up with us, but nothing. All nice and comfy on their fat rears just enjoying the scenery. Ahh so nice just sitting here watching a nice little basketball game. I can rip my hair out just trying to understand these people.

We undoubtedly have the worst home fans in terms of how they behave during games. They don't understand how important it is to stand up and give our players that extra boost of energy the crowd can give them on the defensive end and help get a stop. Other venues throughout the ACC put us to shame and I can't stand it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom