our boy gottlieb starting early | Syracusefan.com

our boy gottlieb starting early

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
heres some tweets of his this morning

Don't be fooled by conference win totals- example #Northwestern 7 B1G wins - best win is vs Iowa (14-10) & IU (15-9) w/o OG -both wins at hm

#Cuse has softest in conference schedule in #ACC play #GT #Pitt #BC 2x for UVA/FSU/Duke all at home

Chari Bayanker @charibayanker
@GottliebShow Pitt, Louisville, GT 2x. Did have some good teams at home but did play at UNC and ND.

Doug Gottlieb
And lost both

I came in here prepared to defend what he said, but the guy's such a shmuck.

Softest schedule, OK.

Someone points out two strong road opponents, fair counter.

He replies that we lost, which has exactly nothing to do with the strength of schedule.

Guy just seems to have fun playing the troll role. Logic's out the window with him.

He's right. We do have the softest ACC schedule.
Agree, but all you can do is play the ACC schedule given to you. We've beaten 2 top 10 teams, albeit at home. Still a major plus. Gottlieb was down on SU last year big time. Hopefully the team will continue to win and put him in his place.

I came in here prepared to defend what he said, but the guy's such a shmuck.

Softest schedule, OK.

Someone points out two strong road opponents, fair counter.

He replies that we lost, which has exactly nothing to do with the strength of schedule.

Guy just seems to have fun playing the troll role. Logic's out the window with him.

exactly. he only mentions the "easy" games we''ve had, doesnt mention at unc at notre dame and louisville x2. and when you bring up the 2 tough road games he says we lost them which has absolutely nothing to do with his original point.

I usually defend him as well but the ACC is a gauntlet no matter how the schedules are created. Especially this season. Better to just ignore him and not stir up the shlit he wants to have getting traction on the web.

heres some tweets of his this morning

Don't be fooled by conference win totals- example #Northwestern 7 B1G wins - best win is vs Iowa (14-10) & IU (15-9) w/o OG -both wins at hm

#Cuse has softest in conference schedule in #ACC play #GT #Pitt #BC 2x for UVA/FSU/Duke all at home

Chari Bayanker @charibayanker
@GottliebShow Pitt, Louisville, GT 2x. Did have some good teams at home but did play at UNC and ND.

Doug Gottlieb
And lost both
I've actually been wondering where he's been. Never see him on TV anymore. Did he get fired from everything? I can guarantee he is chomping for selection time to come to bring up the St Johns game just like he did last year. In fact I'll bet it takes precedence to everything in his life including his kids activities if he has kids.

gottleib, is usually right.

and he is here again.

I guess he's right that you should look beyond the won/lost numbers but that's always true.

He may be right about our schedule. That can be verified with all the various services that calculate such things. But as EastCoast pointed out, you have to look beyond that to consider what conference we're in.

is this a fact?

I think the whole purpose of RPI is to take opinionated dbags like Gottlieb out of the equation.

Our RPI is currently 72: NCAA College Basketball RPI Rankings (updated today)

We still have work to do to make the tournament. We would not have made the tournament last year if our RPI was not as good. We need the teams on our schedule to have big wins as long as they lose to us!

schedules are what they are,

how different are these 2 away schedules

FSU @ UNC @pitt @clem @nd @ Gt (@Virg @duke @ Miami @ SU, )
SU @unc @pitt @clem @nd @gt (lou @Vt @bc @NC st)

and these 2 home schedules

SU Duke, Clem, Wake, Miami, BC, Lou, (FSU, Virg, Pitt)
FSU Duke, Clem, Wake, Miami, BC, Lou (NC st, ND, VT)

We got a harder home schedule they got a harder away schedule.. its pretty much a wash..

of the upper tier teams that differed

we played Virg, FSU, Lou
FSU played Virg, Duke, ND,

really comes down to a about 1 game difference. if we dont win it wont matter anyway

so he was right last year saying we didnt deserve to get in cuz we lost to st johns?
yes.

and we shouldn't make it this year because we lost to them again AND the Beantown clowns.

not to mention gtown.

got a lot of work to do...

yes.

and we shouldn't make it this year because we lost to them again AND the Beantown clowns.

not to mention gtown.

got a lot of work to do...
LOL Silly. When I have time, I will go over with you how it is your entire body of work that the committee looks like. Oh, and good wins are better and count more than bad losses. Meanwhile, go back to watching the pats parade.

LOL Silly. When I have time, I will go over with you how it is your entire body of work that the committee looks like. Oh, and good wins are better and count more than bad losses. Meanwhile, go back to watching the pats parade.
I have a pretty good idea how the committee works.

I also know how gottleib works, something that is lost on many a fool here.

This clown was still beating the "SU didn't deserve to make the tourney" drum while we were playing in the final four. He's a Syracuse.com level internet troll with a bigger audience at this point. There's no point in taking him seriously.