Our coordinators are getting pwned* | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our coordinators are getting pwned*

Kaiser

Just curious if you have to pick a coach who would you want it to be?
i really have no idea right now.

bob diaco would definetly be on the list.

but i think Syracuse needs a crazy Offensive guy with a playbook nobody has seen yet. i forget the names we were tossing around this winter, some were pretty good ideas.

i really have no idea right now.

bob diaco would definetly be on the list.

but i think Syracuse needs a crazy Offensive guy with a playbook nobody has seen yet. i forget the names we were tossing around this winter, some were pretty good ideas.
I know this name may have been tossed out there before, but O'Leary from UCF might be a good option. I know his track record with the phony resume, but he's gotten passed that and the guy can coach. He almost upset South Carolina this year and to do what they did to L-ville on the road last night was pretty damn impressive.

How about the Arizona St. offensive coordinator Mike Norvell (sp?) He is doing a great job out west.

except it is.

including bowls, he was 12-5 when i gave up around 96.
Ok since I'm sitting here watching the baseball game...

2004: Purdue in the opener we lost 51-0, WVU (thurs night game so 12 days) Loss 27-6, BC we won 43-17 (great win), Gtech in the bowl we lost 51-14 1-3 total
2003: Opener we beat UNC 49-47, Lost to Vtech 51-7, Beat Temple 41-17, 2-1 total
2002: Lost to BYU 42-21 in the opener, Lost to Auburn 37-34 (good game), Lost to Miami 49-7 0-3 total
2001: Lost to Gtech 13-7, beat Auburn 31-14, Beat WVU 24-13, beat KSU in the bowl 3-1 total
2000: Beat buffalo, lost to ECU, beat WVU 2-1
1999: Beat toledo, lost to miami, lost to bc, beat UK 2-2
1998: Lost to Tenn, Lost to NC St, beat Pitt, lost to Fl 1-3

I don't feel like going back any further than that but over his last 7 years he was 11-14 with 2 weeks to prepare or more. Included in there are 9 losses of 3 tds or more.

2004: Purdue in the opener we lost 51-0, WVU (thurs night game so 12 days) Loss 27-6, BC we won 43-17 (great win), Gtech in the bowl we lost 51-14 1-3 total
2003: Opener we beat UNC 49-47, Lost to Vtech 51-7, Beat Temple 41-17, 2-1 total
2002: Lost to BYU 42-21 in the opener, Lost to Auburn 37-34 (good game), Lost to Miami 49-7 0-3 total
2001: Lost to Gtech 13-7, beat Auburn 31-14, Beat WVU 24-13, beat KSU in the bowl 3-1 total

I don't feel like going back any further than that but over his last 7 years he was 11-14 with 2 weeks to prepare or more. Included in there are 9 losses of 3 tds or more.
whats your point? why are we doing this?

you hate P that much??

but while your at it, do his whole career.

what i stated was a common statement in the 90s.

obviously it ended differently.

i believe scooch pointed this fact out earlier.

whats your point? why are we doing this?

you hate P that much??

but while your at it, do his whole career.

what i stated was a common statement in the 90s.

obviously it ended differently.

i believe scooch pointed this fact out earlier.
why do we all post our nonsense on this board at all?

Well, interestingly--P was head coach for a lot longer than beginning in 1998. And I don't think that anybody disputes that he was much better record wise earlier in his tenure than later.

Kaiser's point is accurate; so is Scooch's.

Well, interestingly--P was head coach for a lot longer than beginning in 1998. And I don't think that anybody disputes that he was much better record wise earlier in his tenure than later.

Kaiser's point is accurate; so is Scooch's.
Ok fine I went back to 1991...

91: he was 3-0
92: 3-0
93: 2-0
94: 1-2
95: 3-1
96: 2-2
97: 4-1

So he was pretty good over those first 7 years, but really he was just good overall those first 7 years. It's not like he was any better with extra time to prepare. And for his career 29-20 with two weeks to prepare. That is sort of in line with his overall record isn't it? And I don't hate P, never did. He wasn't the greatest coach in the world but you could do a lot worse.

Ok fine I went back to 1991...

91: he was 3-0
92: 3-0
93: 2-0
94: 1-2
95: 3-1
96: 2-2
97: 4-1

So he was pretty good over those first 7 years, but really he was just good overall those first 7 years. It's not like he was any better with extra time to prepare. And for his career 29-20 with two weeks to prepare. That is sort of in line with his overall record isn't it? And I don't hate P, never did. He wasn't the greatest coach in the world but you could do a lot worse.

Isn't that exactly the point--and exactly what Scooch pointed out? Early in his career, having the extra week was a virtual guarantee for us to win. Later on, that wasn't the case.

But only providing partial data didn't tell the story, even if it supported your original position.

Isn't that exactly the point--and exactly what Scooch pointed out? Early in his career, having the extra week was a virtual guarantee for us to win. Later on, that wasn't the case.

But only providing partial data didn't tell the story, even if it supported your original position.
Either way my original position, that Coach P was not any better with extra time to prepare, is proven by the facts. I could have gone through the whole career the first time I suppose but it was a little tedious.

Either way my original position, that Coach P was not any better with extra time to prepare, is proven by the facts. I could have gone through the whole career the first time I suppose but it was a little tedious.

Actually, no--no it wasn't.

Scooch's position--which is the generally accepted truism, was.

Compare the numbers from those two time eras, which you conveniently stratified to cognitively dissonance the point you were trying to prove--and see what is proven by facts.

Compare the numbers from those two time eras, which you conveniently stratified to cognitively dissonance the point you were trying to prove--and see what is proven by facts.

He had solid success. But he had success otherwise in that timeframe. Without taking a ton of time it doesn't seem worth splitting hairs over.

I am more concerned that we are minus 56 considering we knew exactly what was coming.

That isn't english.

That isn't english.

Oy vey.

You cherry picked a set of data while ignoring an equally important data set that didn't support your premise.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom