Our crying need. A true center! | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Our crying need. A true center!

I hope Estrella is our starting center next year. He is battling Edey physically and not backing down. Doing a decent enough job especially for a Freshman being left to battle him with no real help coming.
My friend in Tenn sent me this. It’s obvious that Barnes is trying to get ahead of the impending portal moves. He must know JP isn’t happy. Red probably not happy that JP got so much run today.

Wes Rucker

@wesrucker247

Follow

#Vols coach Rick Barnes on freshman big man J.P. Estrella: We might need to start using him the way Purdue uses Edey. He's a really physical player. He doesn't think of himself that way, but he is

Did you watch the game?
lol no - but i did catch the last few mins when edey was dominating...and extrapolated

40 points is 40 points

going out on a limb that estrella wouldve stopped him if he could

plus, you know, stats

and I dont even remember the guy from the SU game which I did watch

he could be great...but circumstantial evidence casts doubt

I thought Estrella was suppose to be a pretty good shooter? He actually shot from three in high school.
The game is really easy when you're physically dominant like Estrella surely was in high school.

Edey will take most college centers out of their game, not just Estrella

Estrella probably isn’t transferring after this game
My sentiments exactly. This was a bad turn of events for Red, and Barnes is doing all he can publicly to plug what was an impending leak in the pipes. Hope that Red can keep the dialogue open with JP’s people.

Sticking an OT question here. Since a number of head coaches are moving on, is Syracuse looking at any high school recruits that have decommitted or are they just concentrating on the portal at this time??

Based on what people want to add in that spot, I think we should throw a big NIL offer to Omoruyi from Rutgers. I think the top centers will start disappearing fast. Solid screener and rim protector with no significant injury history.

Based on what people want to add in that spot, I think we should throw a big NIL offer to Omoruyi from Rutgers. I think the top centers will start disappearing fast. Solid screener and rim protector with no significant injury history.
He would be perfect but it doesn’t appear that we are involved.

The price tag right now for Cliff is a million dollars and will probably only go up as teams keep bidding. We don't have the money for him which is why we aren't involved.

What about Goldin who was FAU? I thought he was going to follow the coach to Michigan? Maybe grades?

What about Goldin who was FAU? I thought he was going to follow the coach to Michigan? Maybe grades?
Not sure if it's grades but rather credits transferring over. Michigan had this issue with Caleb Love as he then went Unc to zona.

Surely between high school seniors, junior colleges, Canada and the portal there must be available a “ tall 6’10’ or more, strong with a decently heavy body, and rebounding and some shooting ability available. It would be nice to see Brown play forward which I assume is his true position. I feel somewhat sorry for him.
Other schools seem to do this successfully.
I can officially put this in bed

Did Red err in jumping on Lampkin so quickly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Red err in jumping on Lampkin so quickly?

You can't really play around when it comes to Centers in the portal. Everyone wants the top centers and there's not many of them, so the best ones command a big price. IMHO if it's critical you land someone and you have one who's a B+ you take him and don't wait for the A.

You can't really play around when it comes to Centers in the portal. Everyone wants the top centers and there's not many of them, so the best ones command a big price. IMHO if it's critical you land someone and you have one who's a B+ you take him and don't wait for the A.
... Do we know Lampkin is a B+? Hopefully he will be for us, but the Pac-12 puts out a 10-man first team and 5-man second team and he wasn't even an Honorable Mention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom