Our crying need. A true center! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Our crying need. A true center!

Well, you should never watch or read news reports based on sources.
If someone gives up a source, that source will cut them off.
No one posts things here believing them to be untrue, but things can change after information is shared.
(Note: the post to which I replied may have been sarcasm, but the sarcasm font was not used).
The sarcasm is implied with my posts, everyone knows this.

Hopefully we have enough NIL money to keep Maliq and nab a true center so that Maliq doesn't have to play the 5 and we don't have to live with McLeod and Carey's liabilities.

Literally anyone with a pulse that’s above 6-10 will help.

You probably would not have drafted Christian McCaffrey.
I can tell you that pro teams and pro personnel question/analyze players’ commitment levels (it’s their jobs). Pro sports ain’t easy for most pros. They want to know how players react to adversity.

I’d also offer that skipping a bowl game at Stanford is markedly different than quitting in late January on a basketball season at UAlbany.

My best guess for next year.
McCloud
Carey
Patterson
Brown
JJ
Cope
Bell
Cuffe
Frosh
Frosh
Taylor
Portal
Portal

McCloud JJ
Cuffe stay as they already transferred.
Hima
Judah are gone.

Who leaves
Taylor?

If that's the case and Carey stays we only have room for 1 kid other than the two incoming frosh
That roster would be a disaster. Also you forgot Westry.

We went after Ernest Udeh last summer after Jesse left. He ended up at TCU, but they are extremely senior-heavy so even if Dixon hits the portal hard again they figure to take a step back. Excellent rebounder with size at 6'11"/260 and can poke some balls loose. Maybe worth another call?

Why will Judah be gone? Certainly has not shown to be NBA ready. Talented yes NBA caliber no. Kids leave for their own reasons, but no way will he be an NBA first or second round choice.
Just accept that we were lucky to get him back for this season and let it go

Yeesh - Hima came here to backup a center (Jesse) with no expectations of playing more than a few minutes. McLeod was a last ditch effort to backfill Jesse who completely F’d us. I bet we tried to get 3-4 other guys before McLeod

Guys people want and expect don’t fall of of trees especially in those situations
Last ditch effort? He announced he was entering the portal a week after the national championship game.

Not sure I could look at him every game.
Believe it or not but after I posted about him, Indiana St became a ranked team.

I look at their stats - their looks not as much. :) It’s a very rare case where a center has a good positive assist to turnover ratio on top of very good shooting and rebounding stats.Actually surprised Notre Dame isn’t “courting” him - maybe they are if Indiana isn’t.

We need a scoring forward as much if not more than a center.
I think that guy is coming our way already in Donnie Freeman.

I would like to think that the SU coaching staff tries to upgrade the other starting forward position, as I do not believe Chris Bell is the answer. However, I am not sure they will.

That said, we still need a center and it is still the biggest enigmatic group of four players on this roster.

Not sure I could look at him every game.
I'd have a pretty easy time looking at a center who hits 40% of his threes, 80% of his FTs and gets tons of defensive boards. Even if you ding his numbers for playing in the MVC he'd be a big upgrade from what we're currently getting. Who knows if he'd be interested though.

Just accept that we were lucky to get him back for this season and let it go
You mistake me for someone who wants him back. I care neither way, but I do not see him as desired by the NBA. He can leave for any reason he wants, but it will not be because he is a surefire NBA draft pick much less make a team. We have had better point guards who did not make it.

I'd have a pretty easy time looking at a center who hits 40% of his threes, 80% of his FTs and gets tons of defensive boards. Even if you ding his numbers for playing in the MVC he'd be a big upgrade from what we're currently getting. Who knows if he'd be interested though.
I was joking. I know who he is. He is really good.

You mistake me for someone who wants him back. I care neither way, but I do not see him as desired by the NBA. He can leave for any reason he wants, but it will not be because he is a surefire NBA draft pick much less make a team. We have had better point guards who did not make it.
If you're telling me you wouldn't want Judah Mintz to return for next season I would encourage you to take your meds

Stats scouting. I'd be curious to see if this guy wants to move. NJ native, late developer, played baseball first until he hit a growth spurt, 6'9" 245 with a 7'3" wingspan. Spent 3 years on JUCO before becoming a double-double machine for UAB, 80% FT shooter, 38% from three on 30 shots, 3 blocks per 40 mpg.

We can win lots of games with McCloud, Carey and Patterson at center if they are healthy. We need a rebounder and Rim protector who can screen and make them cover the roll. Rebound, Defend the paint, Screen.

My assumption is that Center will be handled by Brown and McLeod. Seems like there's buzz that may not be the case. Does anyone know if Red plans to get a new starting center or at least recruit over McLeod?

My assumption is that Center will be handled by Brown and McLeod. Seems like there's buzz that may not be the case. Does anyone know if Red plans to get a new starting center or at least recruit over McLeod?
Williams will play needs to add 20lbs

My assumption is that Center will be handled by Brown and McLeod.
My expectation is that it's going to be the same roster next season plus Freeman and Moore and minus Hima and maybe Mintz or Taylor.

I don't think that's a top-25 team, but whatevs. I'm just a dumbass on an internet message board.

My expectation is that it's going to be the same roster next season plus Freeman and Moore and minus Hima and maybe Mintz or Taylor.

I don't think that's a top-25 team, but whatevs. I'm just a dumbass on an internet message board.
Ugh, taking a non-tournament team and replacing Mintz with two freshmen is a real gamble by Red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom