Our leading WR has 18 catches | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our leading WR has 18 catches

Millhouse said:
won't last without more yards no one last year had this kind of gap between ypg rank and ppg rank this is all wrong did this too fast - need to fix ok, our offense has 23.6 ppg in regulation vs p5 teams. That would be 87th in the country (caveat, we're not the only team with defensive or OT scores, but 4 in 5 games is a lot.)

Doesn't that imply that were good at creating defensive scores?

TheCusian said:
Doesn't that imply that were good at creating defensive scores?
We have two defensive scores. Credit the defensive staff. My number for the offense is too high, I forgot about cmu. It's even worse

Millhouse said:
We have two defensive scores. Credit the defensive staff. My number for the offense is too high, I forgot about cmu. It's even worse

Yeah - wish we didn't score at all in OT. Those points are so worthless

Yeah - wish we didn't score at all in OT. Those points are so worthless
you should take a break because you're being very foolish

i'm comparing offenses. every game has 60 minutes. not every game has overtime. if you thought about anything, you'd realize that you're punishing offenses for winning in regulation

Millhouse said:
you should take a break because you're being very foolish i'm comparing offenses. every game has 60 minutes. not every game has overtime. if you thought about anything, you'd realize that you're punishing offenses for winning in regulation

No. Unless you're removing all OT scores from all teams in the FBS you're revised ranking is foolish.

No. Unless you're removing all OT scores from all teams in the FBS you're revised ranking is foolish.
you are letting the perfect be the enemy of the good here. backing it out is smarter than shrugging and assuming we'll keep scoring without moving the ball

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/overtime-points-per-game

we lead the country in overtime scoring.

602 OT games since 1996 out of how many games?

a very small fraction of games go to OT. and we've had 2 out of 5.

my way might not be perfect but your's is way worse.

Say what you will about James Arthur Boeheim, but for decades the man has identified his 2-3 best scorers and makes sure they're on the floor the longest and takes the most shots.

It's worked out pretty well.

And getting the ball to our best WRs does not necessitate holding blocks for 7 seconds. Every week I see offenses fire the ball to guys 2 seconds after a snap. We seem to think that running misdirection 7 yards behind the LOS is more effective.
Eh Boeheim needs to play the bench more...wait...

The funny/sad thing is, many of us have been wishing we'd pass the ball more since like 1996 given that we play in a Dome(and in 1996 we had a superstar QB). Like...we had Donovan McNabb, and we still insisted on pounding the ball to guys like Kyle McIntosh(or whoever the one non-NFL level RB guy we had in a given season) way too often.

The only year in the 2000's where we've had an acceptable passing game was 2012. I love what Dungey can do, so I'm hopeful that will change and we will have a heck of an offense in the coming years.

We just need to get the ball to Estime, who for some odd reason only had 2 touches against UVA, Phillips, Ishmael, Strickland and Fredericksburg. Those 5 guys are our main offensive threats and are more than capable of carrying the offensive load. Virginia for example got the ball to their playmaker time after time, "Smoke" Mizzel by contrast had 22 touches, 10 catches and 12 rushes, he didn't have a ton of yards, but when they were in third and short in the second half he got the ball every time and converted. We need to start getting the ball to our playmakers more than 2 times a game, I feel we are letting talent rot up there on the hill. Rant over.

If I could like this post multiple times I would. I was saying this throughout the game. Stop spreading the ball and snaps around to so many guys, as if we're just loaded with depth and talent and everyone needs their touches. We don't have that kind of depth. Get the ball to your best guys(who you identified) as it is so obvious who they are. UVA went to their bread and butter time after time with the game on the line, and we couldn't do a thing to stop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom