Our resume is concerning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our resume is concerning

I know everybody has us in but this guy has us as an 11 seed and when you look why would they put us instead of North Carolina State. I know they had the worst schedule but many of the metrics and certainly the quads results will always represent who you really beat and who you really lost to

Nitty Gritty Report

Where does he have Georgetown?

{and I can think of something else that rhymes with nitty gritty}

We’ve played something like 16 games vs. NCAA teams.

Honestly I don't think our resume is as impressive as some here think. Several ugly losses and not that many quality wins. Even the Duke win came without two of their starters. BUT, it's all relative to the competition and once you get through the first 32 it gets ugly in a hurry and for that reason I see us being a nine or ten seed. Personally I think we deserve a ten seed but our rep and recent tourney success may get us a nine seed.
our resume is better now than it was the last 3 years.

Also if you compare our resume to teams that are 11 seeds/on the cut line...ours is clearly better

You have to take 68 teams. You can’t look at our resume and say “it’s not thAt good” you have to compare it to everyone else’s

this clown on the matrix has SU vs UW as a play in game

TRMD Index

can people get kicked out for being so clueless?

I’m not saying we’re not in I’m saying it’s closer than people think and the difference between a seven or eight seed and sitting home is one game

What are they saying is the primary function of the quads the primary use of it

Also last year go back and look I said we were in more so than anybody on the radio on the threads everywhere I said we were in. Now this year I’m just objectively saying a resume is not as strong as I thought and very little difference between us and the team or two that will be left out that’s all I’m saying folks so go drink your 7-Eleven coffee yourself

Duke is probably going to end up as the #1 overall seed. We won at there place. That's going to have a ton of value.

I'd certainly prefer to have a few more wins over tournament teams, but Duke @ Duke is probably worth like 2 wins

The "real" questions are, will the ACC get 3 #1 seeds, and will SU be a 8 or 9. 3 "1 seeds mean that if SU is considered a 8, they can't be in one of those brackets as teams in the the same conference aren't supposed to meet in the 2nd round. If they are the committee can move them up to a 7. Same goes as a 9 seed can be pushed down to a 10.

We are a 9 or 10 seed (maybe an 8) That is why we have deficiencies. What 8 seed or lower does not have some ugly on their resume. It's the nature of getting such a seed.

But other teams have uglier or less. Don't get freaked out.

Look at Arizona St... or Temple... or Ohio St .. or TCU.

I will add that looking at NC St as the last team out, might get you unnecessarily worried. NC St has one of the most decisive resumes out there.

Many people who have them in, have them comfortably in based on the good of their resume. And those that have them out, are basing it largely on NCSOS. So if you are comparing metrics other then NCSOS, NC St. is not representative of all the teams that are really close to that line.

The "real" questions are, will the ACC get 3 #1 seeds, and will SU be a 8 or 9. 3 "1 seeds mean that if SU is considered a 8, they can't be in one of those brackets as teams in the the same conference aren't supposed to meet in the 2nd round. If they are the committee can move them up to a 7. Same goes as a 9 seed can be pushed down to a 10.

No - they won't move them up or down. They will simply move them over to the empty bracket. That is much easier to do now since they don't worry about the round of 16 implications anymore since about 201.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom