Our resume is concerning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our resume is concerning

And our record

5-11
I’m not saying we’re not in I’m saying it’s closer than people think and the difference between a seven or eight seed and sitting home is one game
What are they saying is the primary function of the quads the primary use of it
Also last year go back and look I said we were in more so than anybody on the radio on the threads everywhere I said we were in. Now this year I’m just objectively saying a resume is not as strong as I thought and very little difference between us and the team or two that will be left out that’s all I’m saying folks so go drink your 7-Eleven coffee yourself
tenor.gif

I thought it was top 50 that's why the net is a joke a win over a top 35 team isn't quad 1m

It varies based on location. Road wins are 1-75, neutral is 1-50, and home is 1-30. If we had won Clemson it would've been Q1.

Also has nothing to do with the NET, they used the same standard last year for RPI.

like i previously said - if we lost to Pitt today was gonna be a tough day - but everything ive seen has us in pretty easily

like i previously said - if we lost to Pitt today was gonna be a tough day - but everything ive seen has us in pretty easily

So is Oklahoma out of the tourney? You failed to answer that question last time.

our resume is better now than it was the last 3 years.

Also if you compare our resume to teams that are 11 seeds/on the cut line...ours is clearly better

You have to take 68 teams. You can’t look at our resume and say “it’s not thAt good” you have to compare it to everyone else’s

I think u need to re-read my post.

Never even remotely compared us to teams on the 11 line.

Obviously we're in better shape than we were in the last three years. That's blatantly obvious and nothing I said would refute that.

I didn't say our resume "was not that good". I said it's not as good as some here think and that means not an 8 seed level good. That's all. Plain and simple.

Fact remains we have some bad losses and not that many quality wins. We also lost ten games by double digits. That's a lot for a team some think should be on the 8 line.

I think u need to re-read my post.

Never even remotely compared us to teams on the 11 line.

Obviously we're in better shape than we were in the last three years. That's blatantly obvious and nothing I said would refute that.

I didn't say our resume "was not that good". I said it's not as good as some here think and that means not an 8 seed level good. That's all. Plain and simple.

Fact remains we have some bad losses and not that many quality wins. We also lost ten games by double digits. That's a lot for a team some think should be on the 8 line.

I don't think the double digit thing will be an issue, aside from it showing up in the NET.

The other stuff; I think you're probably more right than wrong. But I also think that Duke win is going to carry a ton of weight for better or worse

I don't think the double digit thing will be an issue, aside from it showing up in the NET.

The other stuff; I think you're probably more right than wrong. But I also think that Duke win is going to carry a ton of weight for better or worse

No doubt the Duke win matters, particularly on the road. To me Duke being down two starters in that game matters but hell the committee may not even care. They may only look at Duke as with or without Zion.

People saying our resume is not that good (and it’s not) need to look at the resumes of teams below us on the matrix. Now that’s some ugly.

People saying our resume is not that good (and it’s not) need to look at the resumes of teams below us on the matrix. Now that’s some ugly.

That's why we've been locked into the 8 to 10 range for about a month on just about everybody's brackets.

No doubt the Duke win matters, particularly on the road. To me Duke being down two starters in that game matters but hell the committee may not even care. They may only look at Duke as with or without Zion.
Reddish isn't that good, we beat them in the toughest place to play in the country with the 2 top nba picks this year. We also played them at full strength, without our best player and it was a single digit game in the 2nd half. We played a top ten schedule this year, it isn't even close. If we don't get a bid the entire selection committee should be arrested.

It's like when you're young and shallow and you think maybe your girlfriend isn't that cute because she wears too much eye makeup and has one leg shorter than the other, but on the plus side she looks good in jeans.

And then you look at the other fish in the sea, and you realize, you know, you can live with the eye makeup and short leg because the alternative is too much eye makeup, a short leg, man hands and an unflattering haircut, and at best looks OK in jeans

And also keep in mind in this scenario you're the NCAA, which means you're kind of an idiot, devoid of logic and reason, and irrationally vindictive, and if it wasn't for the money you lucked into you wouldn't even have a girlfriend. Also you have to pick 68 of them, because life is bizarre.

So is Oklahoma out of the tourney? You failed to answer that question last time.

i have no clue - im not an expert - just like u aint - difference is i dont see everything as a Cuse fan - prior to the Pitt game we were a 10 or so in most brackets - a loss would have put us square on the bubble - Seth Greenberg said we were playing for our tournament lives against Pitt - but i understand - the internet posters on the cuse fan board said we were a LOCk - so it must be true

Didn't you post earlier in the week that a 7 seed was within reach?

NC State will tell us how much the committee factors in NET rankings vs RPI. Under the old system, NC State would have little to no chance. They played hot garbage out of conference except for a couple games (Wisconsin, Auburn, Penn State). Their in-conference schedule was worse than SU's and still finished below SU; they played BC, Wake, UNC, and Pitt twice (Duke vs UNC - wash, Clemson vs Wake). The RPI gave teams a boost that scheduled solid mid-majors over low Division 1 teams. There was a significant difference between playing a team 162nd vs 350th at home in RPI system vs NET.

If NC State is rewarded with a bid, you will see teams try to schedule big time teams and scrubs (like college football). The risk of playing an ODU (100 in NET) and St. Bonaventure (118 in NET) is not worth a tier 3 win or loss.

Yes
This is how I found the data looking to see if we could be the last seven

But the separation between that line and the play in game is virtually nothing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors