Our Winning Streak | Syracusefan.com

Our Winning Streak

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Kiss it goodby.

We're 4-3 right now.

Worst case we finish the year at 7-6.

Beat Iowa, Ga Tech and GTown and we have a little breathing room.

After two performances like this in NYC and on ESPN...the stories are going to start coming soon...on whether this will be his first losing season after 43 years, why there's a dearth of talent, whether he's going to retire and maybe why he waited this long.

Get ready.

I have to believe at the highest levels, talks are underway and game plan is being made for replacing Jim after next year.

They will give him the next two years based on what he has done

I have to believe at the highest levels, talks are underway and game plan is being made for replacing Jim after next year.

2 more seasons after this is just insane.
I agree it’s likely unless JB retires.
His press conference right now he just called out the center position production.

You mean until Buddy's sr year? That will be kind of late to make a move. We will be dreadful by that time. Now, an older version of these guys might not be bad. And I do believe that we will have something with jba and the other freshman center who can't get in a game right now.

2 more seasons after this is just insane.
I agree it’s likely unless JB retires.
His press conference right now he just called out the center position production.
He won't retire. he would be worried that Buddy couldn't play for the next coach. And for good reason. Buddy in a man to man defense might be troublesome.

I didn't say it was ideal

I just think that's how th school will act

They will sacrifice 3-5 years based off 40, and think that they can hire someone to come in and win 25+ consistently again

I didn't say it was ideal

I just think that's how th school will act

They will sacrifice 3-5 years based off 40, and think that they can hire someone to come in and win 25+ consistently again

3-5 can turn to 5-8

He’s done after buddy graduates. The city and fan base are going to beat him to a pulp after this season and next.

He’s done after buddy graduates. The city and fan base are going to beat him to a pulp after this season and next.
Buddy has 2 more years AFTER this year.

The only people that know and care about the streak are SU fans. It's pretty meaningless when you consider going to the NIT is a bad year, and we'll be lucky to do that.

This is a program that used to pay attention to selection sunday to see how high we were seeded and what region we were in. From '86-'91 we were never lower than a 3, from '09-'14 never lower than a 4. From 1977-2014 we missed the tournament 7 times (one of those was a ban year where we would have made it otherwise) and were higher than an 8 seed every year but one. We finished in the top 25 rankings 28 times, never going more than three years in row outside of them. When we had a down year, better times were around the corner and could be seen without squinting too hard.

Since 2014 we have missed the tournament twice and are unlikely to make it this year. In the years we've made it, we were an 8, 10, and 11 seeds. It's likely this will be the sixth year in a row we finish outside the top 25. These are consistently mediocre/poor results the program has not seen since the early '70's. And there is nothing any reasonable person can point to that suggests that will change.

The only people that know and care about the streak are SU fans. It's pretty meaningless when you consider going to the NIT is a bad year, and we'll be lucky to do that.

This is a program that used to pay attention to selection sunday to see how high we were seeded and what region we were in. From '86-'91 we were never lower than a 3, from '09-'14 never lower than a 4. From 1977-2014 we missed the tournament 7 times (one of those was a ban year where we would have made it otherwise) and were higher than an 8 seed every year but one. We finished in the top 25 rankings 28 times, never going more than three years in row outside of them. When we had a down year, better times were around the corner and could be seen without squinting too hard.

Since 2014 we have missed the tournament twice and are unlikely to make it this year. In the years we've made it, we were an 8, 10, and 11 seeds. It's likely this will be the sixth year in a row we finish outside the top 25. These are consistently mediocre/poor results the program has not seen since the early '70's. And there is nothing any reasonable person can point to that suggests that will change.
You're not wrong.

He won't retire. he would be worried that Buddy couldn't play for the next coach. And for good reason. Buddy in a man to man defense might be troublesome.

Buddy in a zone is troublesome, he moves laterally like Jason Cipolla with a load in his pants and two broken patellas.

for the love of god would people please just stop posting about this stupid "winning streak". just stop, it is like weird old people , like I don't have anything else good to say except for some stupid obscure stat to cling to.

The bigger problem is that they way this team looks right now...the Orange may be lucky to win 10 games this season.
A proud program becomes an embarrassment.
A sorry way for the coach to hit the home stretch.

After two performances like this in NYC and on ESPN...the stories are going to start coming soon...on whether this will be his first losing season after 43 years, why there's a dearth of talent, whether he's going to retire and maybe why he waited this long.

Get ready.
Good. I hope some national stuff does come out. Local reporting won't and the school won't will be lambs. This is not a blip. It's a train that has been hearding off the rails for a while. Like a kids bad report card, grades don't improve the longer it takes to show to your parents.

The Groundhog's Day post has seen its shadow.

We're 4-3 right now.

Worst case we finish the year at 7-6.

Beat Iowa, Ga Tech and GTown and we have a little breathing room.
If you watched the past two games, there is no chance SU wins any of these next three games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom