Over-looked Play by Lemon | Syracusefan.com

Over-looked Play by Lemon

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
The WR pass from Chew, into double coverage, in the end zone, Lemon got his hand between the Toledo DB's hands and knocks the ball out. Pretty sure the next play was Provo's TD. Lemon turned into a DB on that play and played it right. That's at least a 7-point swing. Hate that play call so close to the end zone.

The WR pass from Chew, into double coverage, in the end zone, Lemon got his hand between the Toledo DB's hands and knocks the ball out. Pretty sure the next play was Provo's TD. Lemon turned into a DB on that play and played it right. That's at least a 7-point swing. Hate that play call so close to the end zone.

It seemed to me that there was only one defender in front of Chew, and that guy looked 10 yards downfield at the time. Haven't seen the replay on tv or nothin, so could be totally mistaken, but with Chew's speed, I thought he would have done well to just take off and try to make the one guy between him and the endzone miss.

I didnt overlook that. What was more impressive is he somehow still almost came down with the ball.

I absolutely HATED that play call. We had established the run and were moving the ball, and then we try to get cute like that, makes no sense. I get it when we're down 3 scores against USC, but a mistake there (we narrowly missed throwing an interception) would have cost us the game.

He's done some good downfield blocking as well.