Overall thoughts on 2019 Class | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Overall thoughts on 2019 Class

I think with Chance's departure Rex moves back to QB for depth. And I'm thinking hmmmm for another reason.
So, when you go “hmmmmmm” were your eyebrows raised or furrowed? I can’t tell if this is good or worrisome.

The owner was a former football player. I want to say Gary Bugenhagen, but it's been a long time. The chef's salad had one inch cubes of ham, turkey and swiss that we would carve on a deli meat cutter and then slice by hand. The Reubens were outstanding, grilled on dark bread under an open flame. The french onion soup was really good, too. My first cook's job was in the dining halls at Cornell, but this was my first paid cook's job. After summer was over, I went back to school to finish up my senior year.

Post-graduation, the next summer I worked at Dominick's, then at Kirby's, before moving down to NYC.
I lived a few houses down on Euclid near Comstock. Your post reminded me that near that intersection I almost crashed my $500 Ford Falcon going about 50 with a stuck accelerator peddle.

Last edited:
I lived a few houses down on Euclid from Comstock. In fact, your post reminded me that near that intersection I almost crashed my $500 Ford Falcon going about 60 with a stuck accelerator peddle.
I’m giving you a “like” cause you’re alive to even tell that story. Yikes!

Just thoughtful.
xUPGcvE4VNePqiexOM.gif

I’m giving you a “like” cause you’re alive to even tell that story. Yikes!
Fortunately it was during the day and I had enough on the ball to throw it into neutral. The engine reamed out but didn't blow and I turned the key off and coasted to the curb. I drove for a week with a sock on my R-foot untiil I got it fixed (spring for $5).

Last edited:
Wasn’t Jimmy a part owner of Chucks in the 90s?

Yes, and someone else we know, or were associated with owned or co-owned "44s" as well. Do you remember who, or am I remembering through an alcohol tainted and age-tinged lens?

The Orange became 44s later on and was co-owned by a former football player that I believe was a running back.

The back end of this class was extremely strong. The first part was made up mainly of camp offers, and "under the radar" guys. The back end was loaded with legit studs with eye catching offer lists. I think this shows you just how important winning big is. If we can some how manage another 9 or 10 win season next years class will be around 40.

Yes, and someone else we know, or were associated with owned or co-owned "44s" as well. Do you remember who, or am I remembering through an alcohol tainted and age-tinged lens?
Yes, I recall. You’re not too far gone yet!

Tommy Taylor was the manager of Sutter's Mill back in the day when I went there along with a host of my buddies that were bouncers.

I think Jack was an owner as well back then.

I like that many of this class selected us over WV, miami, BC, pitt, maryland, NC state, etc... our regional rivals...

Long gone are the tally sheets where we're picking off mid-major only offer signings...

It's about time and well earned.

Maybe they're looking for a TE JUCO or GT while Benson gets time in the oven. Pierce is graduating. Horan is 260 and may be moving inside. Rex is there for depth, and Hackett had some production towards the end of the season, but the numbers are thin if the above is true. tep624 might know, or PhatOrange.

He said in the presser that they are trying to stable two different types of TE... The offensive edge route runner and receiver type... And the battering ram lead blocking type...

So not surprising we need more depth there as they are actively trying to build depth at both types.

Maybe they're looking for a TE JUCO or GT while Benson gets time in the oven. Pierce is graduating. Horan is 260 and may be moving inside. Rex is there for depth, and Hackett had some production towards the end of the season, but the numbers are thin if the above is true. tep624 might know, or PhatOrange.
At 260 Horan isn't moving inside anytime soon. He needs 30-40 more pounds. With Hackett, Horan and Benson we're still alittle thin at TE. I think he wants to use the TE more but wants more quality depth. Horan even up to 280 is a solid blocking TE and could benefit from some play action. He stays at TE at least this year for sure.

Tommy Taylor was the manager of Sutter's Mill back in the day when I went there along with a host of my buddies that were bouncers.

I think Jack was an owner as well back then.
I worked as a dj at Sutters when i around 79-81 it was owned by Joe and Dom from Canastota

I used to cook there in the summer of '80 or '81, and it was my late night dance club on the Hill that summer, when I lived at the corner of Euclid and Comstock. When we would go out, we would go downstairs to Chuck's for a sub and a pitcher and then go upstairs to try to pick up girls at Sutter's.
Why did Sutters close?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom