Overall thoughts on 2019 Class | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Overall thoughts on 2019 Class

A lot went on when I was dj at Sutters... an SU student from Lebanon got busted in parking lot w 1/2 kilo of coke in his Maserati .. family owned largest Benz dealership in middle east

Just saw this:

Top 500 Recruits for each ACC Team (247 Composite)
Clemson - 19
Florida St - 13
Virginia Tech - 8
Miami - 8
NC State - 6
UNC - 4
Syracuse - 3
Wake Forest - 3
Duke - 2 UVA - 1
Boston College - 1
Louisville - 1 GT - 1
Pittsburgh - 0

Now that we're winning, the sky is the limit for what this head coach and staff can accomplish on the recruiting trail.

It isn't "faith without evidence" anymore -- they have a very positive brand to sell now.

I love the athletes comprising this class -- but I think we're going to see an uptick in the class of 2020, now that we're over the hump and our program is perceived as being on the rise.
I cannot wait to see all these athletes we got here especially in last & this year's class on the field scoring tons of points on offense and laying people out on defense!
best way for me in recruiting to determine how good a player will be is to look at the offers he has received. I don't put too much faith in a star system and pretty much every player that we got here the last couple years has been offered by some pretty good
programs. exciting times to be at the Dome to watch some Syracuse football. I will be getting some season tickets for the first time and in a year or two it will be icing on the cake to see that place rocking with the brand new roof and all the other touch-ups

I’m giving you a “like” cause you’re alive to even tell that story. Yikes!
That's nothing. In college I had the brakes on an old 52 Chevy repaired in Oneonta. Picked the car up and had to immediately head for a 3 week course in Elmira. As soon as I got on I-88 I realized I had zero brakes. Zero. Since it was 98% highway driving, I decided to keep going and get it repaired there. You can actually drive on the highway without brakes. When I hit Elmira (not literally) I went super slow and would gently use the emergency brake when I had to stop. Good times.

Overall 2019 thoughts: Everyone is doing their post ops and autopsies. Machines are turned off, phones are quiet, the thrill...the energy...is gone. Meanwhile...WE ARE NOT DONE.

That's nothing. In college I had the brakes on an old 52 Chevy repaired in Oneonta. Picked the car up and had to immediately head for a 3 week course in Elmira. As soon as I got on I-88 I realized I had zero brakes. Zero. Since it was 98% highway driving, I decided to keep going and get it repaired there. You can actually drive on the highway without brakes. When I hit Elmira (not literally) I went super slow and would gently use the emergency brake when I had to stop. Good times.
I think I have to call BS on this. You still need to have brakes on the highway if you have any other cars on the highway and need to slow going down hills and at lights in Elmira city traffic. Low brake pressure sure, absolutely zero brakes, I don't think so.

I think I have to call BS on this. You still need to have brakes on the highway if you have any other cars on the highway and need to slow going down hills and at lights in Elmira city traffic. Low brake pressure sure, absolutely zero brakes, I don't think so.
Ain't many hills between Oneonta and Elmira. I wrote how I dealt with stops in Elmira. Don't believe it? I don't give a .

Wasn't the Michael Edwards brawl / hammer smashing the final nail in the coffin?
Yep, I was there. I was good friends with 4-5 of the bounces.

I think the Edwards thing and also one of the bouncers, I think it was Kyle was previously shot in the leg. I am sure that was a contributing factor.

First a kid has to be interested in us to get a visit

But, but - we should be able to get any kid to come for a visit!
Even if they've shown zero interest to date!!

I thought I had read about how well Babers was recruiting in Canada? I guess that means only with the “under the radar” prospects.
Most Canadians are under the radar prospects unless they transfer to a school in the states to play football. Damien Alford was just on campus for the Clemson game. He's Canadian.

Just because the staff recruits a HS or country doesn't mean there is going to be mutual interest.

Most Canadians are under the radar prospects unless they transfer to a school in the states to play football. Damien Alford was just on campus for the Clemson game. He's Canadian.

Just because the staff recruits a HS or country doesn't mean there is going to be mutual interest.

Theo Johnson is not under the radar. He’s the #3 rated TE in the class and 6’6” 240 would fill the glaring hole at the position as a true freshman. With our history of TE’s and supposed high powered offense, it’s a shame that Babers can’t at least get a visit.

Theo Johnson is not under the radar. He’s the #3 rated TE in the class and 6’6” 240 would fill the glaring hole at the position as a true freshman. With our history of TE’s and supposed high powered offense, it’s a shame that Babers can’t at least get a visit.
Yes. Johnson isn't under the radar...but most Canadians players are even though the players Babers has been recruiting from Canada are ranked in the CFC 100.

And just because you offer a kid doesn't mean he will have any interest or even visit.

Any update on Theo Johnson? Why hasn't Babers got him in yet for a visit?

Dont we have mahar the kid from roc who looks like a great te prospect. Hackett looked very good today and benson has a ton of potential. I like any big recruit but why the focus on theo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom