owens decommit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

owens decommit

... really? very unexpected. Out recruited by FIU. been a very bad week for SU football.

how has it been a bad week?

we lost a project...

Kid will never qualify at Syracuse, he comes from a pdunk school in the florida swamps, he comes out of the blue and decommits, more to it

Decommits happen EVERYWHERE. Yet somehow this is an indictment of the staff. Who knows what went down but I'm certainly not going to get my panties in a knot over one decommit (at a position of relative strength). Not a major loss. That said, please don't lose Manley.

we offered, kid left us i dont care how we spin it this isnt good

we offered, kid left us i dont care how we spin it this isnt good

Welcome to the world of recruiting. This would be similar to being the manager of a car dealership and complaining every time someone comes in and then leaves without buying a car. It's part of the game - no spin required.

Manley just decommitted, as well as Whitehurst. That's 3 by my count. And not to argue, but Glanton doesn't seem 50/50.
I would argue that Manley never really even "committed", considering he was planning his next move within a day after he committed to Syracuse.

Wow, I just didn't think we would loose a recruit to FIU regardless of the reason. I figured that after the vivist that just attended at SU that he would be solid.

Now I can only wonder where did the change of heart come from? FIU!...really???!!!

Take as you will but I tell you this, the haters and naysayers (RU fans along with all of the idiots over at ESPN blog) am sure are having a field day with this one. Obviously I am not basing this on what ppl say but common! you it bothers everyone regardless of what the reason Owens gave for his de-committal.

I hope this doesn't become contagious and loose anyone else. Though at this state of the program it may just be the case.

Sorry for being a bit pessimistic but you just can't help it.!

:-(

Wow, I just didn't think we would loose a recruit to FIU regardless of the reason. I figured that after the vivist that just attended at SU that he would be solid.

Now I can only wonder where did the change of heart come from? FIU!...really???!!!

Take as you will but I tell you this, the haters and naysayers (RU fans along with all of the idiots over at ESPN blog) am sure are having a field day with this one. Obviously I am not basing this on what ppl say but common! you it bothers everyone regardless of what the reason Owens gave for his de-committal.

I hope this doesn't become contagious and loose anyone else. Though at this state of the program it may just be the case.

Did it occur to anyone that maybe SU did the decomitting? Maybe the kid isn't going to mqualify as IB had said>

kid is from Florida and came up to visit on an extremely cold weekend - might have been his first experience of real winter in his life and he decided it wasn't for him. not the end of the world. If a Florida kid is flipping from SU to another cold weather team in a lesser conference, then that's not good, but the Owens thing strikes me as a kid that either isn't going to qualify as has been speculated, or he's afraid of the cold/gets homesick - neither of which really bother me much

I think someone should make a list of all the decommits each year, and then track their progress over four years.

I guarantee you that, at the very least, they aren't worth all the fuss that comes the minute they decommit.

Ray rice
courtney greene
Jackie battles

First two are due to coaching change... I think we all can agree on that.

There's one. Jackie Battle. I'm sure there are a couple more, but not a huge number.

My point is we get so worked up over these de-commits, and a lot of them don't do jack squat.

What is going on? Our recruiters ate not sealing the deal and it doesn't help we don't have a full staff to help the situation. Well here come the b listers. :(

Any actual indication that the current composition of the staff has had an impact?

It's not just decommits. It's also the fact that we're scouring the JUCO's as signing day nears. For us, JUCO's almost always= marginal placeholders.

May not be disastrous, but not the way I'd like to see recruiting wind up.

Don't forget Elvis Dumervil...

Don't think Dumervil ever committed. He had half-brothers who played at SU (James and Louis Gachelin). Not as good.

It's not just decommits. It's also the fact that we're scouring the JUCO's as signing day nears. For us, JUCO's almost always= marginal placeholders.

May not be disastrous, but not the way I'd like to see recruiting wind up.

You mean like the two OL and one DL guys last year?

People need to at least acknowledge some truth here, we have had several impact JUCO's since Marrone has been here. Granted, maybe they haven't been world beaters but they have all seen siginificant playing time and contributed.. What. Dont forget the Diabete and the safety as well who just graduated. Marginal? and here I thought I liked to get carried away

Hey to Go's point stuff happens. I like this class as we filled some major needs most especially at TE, RB, and DT. At this point if we miss out on Owen and it looks like that is a done deal and dont land the other LB's we are going to be very thin there which isnt good who knows maybe we pull a late Juco out of the hat. DE sure would be helped by Manley who for some reason i feel good about. All in all i think we are heading in the right direction. I had heard awhile back that the practice facility and locker room upgrades were a go but at this point im not sure as nothing has been announced and you would have to think that if they were solid plans would have been shown to recruits. Lets hope we finish strong with Morgan and Manley and Whit.

People need to at least acknowledge some truth here, we have had several impact JUCO's since Marrone has been here. Granted, maybe they haven't been world beaters but they have all seen siginificant playing time and contributed.. What. Dont forget the Diabete and the safety as well who just graduated. Marginal?

There was some roster imbalance for one position. They addressed it in a prudent manner. Smart management of the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom