Paging Marsh... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Paging Marsh...

I heard wisky beat this team 3 times this year.

I also heard that Wisconsin turned the ball over 125 + times less than we did this year. 131 times less, to be exact.

To put it in perspective, MCW turned the ball over 129 times this year by himself.

I also heard that Wisconsin turned the ball over 125 + times less than we did this year. 131 times less, to be exact.

To put it in perspective, MCW turned the ball over 129 times this year by himself.
Now I'm nervous.

What's the benefit in working yourself into a doomsday lather five days out? Enjoy the games today -- the nerves will still be there Thursday. Even for those of us who think we have a fighter's chance.

Looking for a positive: Hoosiers lost to Minny and Butler this year, two losses arguably worse than any of SU's.

What's the benefit in working yourself into a doomsday lather five days out? Enjoy the games today -- the nerves will still be there Thursday. Even for those of us who think we have a fighter's chance.

To me its all gravy at this point. Two weeks ago I walked out of the Verizon Center and felt the worst I had felt about our program in a long time. With this recent turnaround I am so happy to be playing next weekend. Win or lose.

To me its all gravy at this point. Two weeks ago I walked out of the Verizon Center and felt the worst I had felt about our program in a long time. With this recent turnaround I am so happy to be playing next weekend. Win or lose.
And if you are gonna lose in the tournament, would you rather it be to a top 3 team with a one seed or flame out to east bumble. Gulf state? We have played to seed, I think we can beat Indiana if we play mediocre. Our defense will give them fits. Its all gravy at This point. Plus we beat Georgetown last time in big east play.

i am really not scared of IU one bit. i'm actually more worried with a potential Marquette match up. I like how our guys come out in big games. The teams we match up bad with are tough defensive oriented teams like G'town, Louisville, Pitt, Marquette. IU isn't nearly as tough defensively. I think our zone will give them more problems scoring then their MtM. Zeller could be a potential problem on the offensive glass, but we are a very good offensive rebounding team as well, and Temple just did a number on them in their category. I think our zone will give them problems, and if it's a up tempo game I like our chances.

dont get the love affair with iu either. i think we can contain zeller by denying him the ball in the post. we just have to play well and hope they dont play great. the same can be said for them. hopefully, we can contain their good players (oladepo and zeller) and no one unusual, like watford, steps up and has a monster game. If that happens, well be in the game at the end with a chance to win.

Lots of answers offensively dude. Sheehey, Huls, Oladipo, Zeller, Wofford. 5 days to prepare. Lots of negatives. We need to make a crapload of three pointers and stay out of foul trouble if we have a prayer to win this game.

Solomon had 22/14 yesterday! I think he's a pretty nice player, actually. I am actually more worried about Zeller, Sheehey, and Watford offensively. Oladipo will do some damage to whoever he is guarding. Probably MCW. Would've been better to face Temple but if we bring our A game then we can likely advance.

Solomon had 22/14 yesterday! I think he's a pretty nice player, actually. I am actually more worried about Zeller, Sheehey, and Watford offensively. Oladipo will do some damage to whoever he is guarding. Probably MCW. Would've been better to face Temple but if we bring our A game then we can likely advance.

Is there any doubt that Sheehey and Hulls will hit 8 threes combined?

damn, thats a defeatist attitude. i think this tourney is really wide open this year and feel we have a half decent shot to make a final four. we certainly can beat anyone. i will be disappointed if we lose to iu.

If they are under that 8 combined then we have a good chance. Zeller could be a problem. It's imperative to contain him without having to help much on him. If he is finding shooters off of extra help then we will get crushed, imo.

If they are under that 8 combined then we have a good chance. Zeller could be a problem. It's imperative to contain him without having to help much on him. If he is finding shooters off of extra help then we will get crushed, imo.

i think our zone is better at denying the ball in the post then you are giving credit for. from my review, zeller isnt a high post player, where we get killed. i worry more about a guy like watford hitting the 15 footer which draws our center out for dump downs to zeller. what i also worry about w zeller is second chance points.

IU doesn't have a drive and dish guy, so that could help us defend Zeller. I don't think we start off collapsing on Zeller, I think JB wants to see him prove he can score down low against Rak/Baye, if he can, then we'll start seeing him being doubled.

Wisconsin hit 14 3s in the Sweet 16 against us last year, granted they didn't have a player like Zeller, but making 3's doesn't always mean you'l beat us.

damn, thats a defeatist attitude. i think this tourney is really wide open this year and feel we have a half decent shot to make a final four. we certainly can beat anyone. i will be disappointed if we lose to iu.
I dont know how you can say you will be disappointed if we lose. With all of the stuff that we have had to deal with this season the end of the year slide and the many question marks that we have i am thrilled to be playing next weekend. Its not a defeatist attitude. Aside from the mantonio train i dont think there is a more optimistic person on this board. Im also a realist ams know this is a monumental task that we have ahead of us. I wish that they didnt have 5 days to prepare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would now be the time for a change up? Throw a little press on those Hoosiers so they can't set up against the zone? Yes I know, it won't happen and maybe a silly idea. Just feeling like Marsh right now. But it is only Sunday... ;)

There's the spirit, Marsh! ;)

So, if that happens, and we give Zero-ellner 15, we still win 72-63. Right?

they dont have 5 days to prepare for a game on thurs. not practicing today, they will have 4 days plus thursday walk thru, and travel today and probably tues. so two days of real practice and a day wrapped around travel, Su has already prepped for temple so we could watch the game and practice tonight for Indy if they want. did we come home last night or this morning?

I dont know how you can say you will be disappointed if we lose. With all of the stuff that we have had to deal with this season the end of the year slide and the many question marks that we have i am thrilled to be playing next weekend. Its not a defeatist attitude. Aside from the mantonio train i dont think there is a more optimistic person on this board. Im also a realist ams know this is a monumental task that we have ahead of us. I wish that they didnt have 5 days to prepare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm certainly not a consummate optimist and rarely make predictions on this board so i dont get the comparison to the over the topness of mantonio But whatever. really just disagree on how good iu is. Imo we play great defense and will be in the game at the end. My main concern is our late game antics when we tend to fold. Second is there tendency to slow the tempo dont but that doesnt bother me as much since iu doesnt smother you on defense ala L'ville gtown butler ohio state Marquette

they dont have 5 days to prepare for a game on thurs. not practicing today, they will have 4 days plus thursday walk thru, and travel today and probably tues. so two days of real practice and a day wrapped around travel, Su has already prepped for temple so we could watch the game and practice tonight for Indy if they want. did we come home last night or this morning?
They went home today.

You are the most optimistic of the non-delusionists on this board.

IU could benefit greatly from our idiotic guard play. People who have been chastising the "whiners" all season, about not enjoying 6 point wins that should have been 20 may finally "get it". It's gotta the potential to get messy. Our fantastic defense won't matter. Also worried about 1 player in particular crumbling mentally.

You'd like to think we could do something with our size advantage at guard. Will we?...

Pray we get up 10 early, and turn the remaining minutes into a "grab your seatbelts" FUGLY dog fight.

That said, I thought Temple looked tougher than IU. There's definitely a fighting man's chance we could display some offensive IQ we haven't displayed to date. If so, we might pull this out.

i love ya marsh but what is this monumental bs? indiana should have lost today and they finished 3-3 before the ncaa tourny. theyre a damn good team but its not like we're a 13 seed, we dont need some superhuman effort to beat those guys. we just blizted the best team in the country last week before we hit a wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom