Paging Marsh... | Syracusefan.com

Paging Marsh...

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Help me step off the ledge Marsh...

tell me we have a chance against IU.

Oh yeah, and !

If the refs aren't blinded by the gilded sheen of the golden boys then we should be just fine.

Leave those of little faith on the ledge, Marsh -- at least until Thursday afternoon.

Go Orange.

I was rooting harder for temple than i was for any team in ncaa tournament history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was rooting harder for temple than i was for any team in ncaa tournament history.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

I just dont like the matchup. I will be all in and hope we play our best game of the season but i just wanted to avoid that team at all costs.

We really have to take advantage of their small guards. If we can get out to their shooters and disrupt them from 3 we'll have a shot at the end. They don't rebound well and seem soft overall.

Never underestimate a team seeing a zone for the first time. I think OSU had more weapons last year to beat us (granted, our team last year also had more weapons offensively, but our defense is better this year).

Our zone looked amazing last night I sat real close to the court and Cobbs and Crabbe were beyond frustrated. Crabbe and Cobbs bring decent size too and are good players who we completely took off their game.

Crabbe is a big boy saw him play Zona and he had 3-4 inches on Nick Johnson when he guarded him. I promise Crabbe is at least 4 inches taller than any of Oladipo, Ferrel, Hulls, Sheehy etc. We totally took the guy out of it with our D.

IU's 3 point attempts are all going to be from beyond NBA range.

Rakim's athleticism is off the charts and so is Keita's. They matchup better against Zeller than most people will give them credit for.

I doubt the line makers even give SU 3 points in this one the spread will be 2 or 2.5. This is hardly a bad matchup for us.

And lets face it, if we make to Atlanta and lose either game it makes the run and the season far more meaningful and credible if we take out #1 seeded Indiana who is the favorite to win it all on the way there.

i am really not scared of IU one bit. i'm actually more worried with a potential Marquette match up. I like how our guys come out in big games. The teams we match up bad with are tough defensive oriented teams like G'town, Louisville, Pitt, Marquette. IU isn't nearly as tough defensively. I think our zone will give them more problems scoring then their MtM. Zeller could be a potential problem on the offensive glass, but we are a very good offensive rebounding team as well, and Temple just did a number on them in their category. I think our zone will give them problems, and if it's a up tempo game I like our chances.

I doubt the line makers even give SU 3 points in this one the spread will be 2 or 2.5. This is hardly a bad matchup for us.

I want us to win on Thursday just as much as the next guy, but I want what you're smoking if you think we'll only be a 2.5 point underdog.

I think 5-7 is much more likely.

I just dont like the matchup. I will be all in and hope we play our best game of the season but i just wanted to avoid that team at all costs.

They are the perfect team to wreak havoc on the zone. A big man who can pass and hit the 15 footer, people who can shooter from deep (many) and they are a good passing team with a high IQ. It's not a good match-up. The hope is that we play well enough on offense and knock down some shots. Other that VO I don't think they are a great defensive team.

I want us to win on Thursday just as much as the next guy, but I want what you're smoking if you think we'll only be a 2.5 point underdog.

I think 5-7 is much more likely.

i think it's much closer to 3

Our zone looked amazing last night I sat real close to the court and Cobbs and Crabbe were beyond frustrated. Crabbe and Cobbs bring decent size too and are good players who we completely took off their game.

Crabbe is a big boy saw him play Zona and he had 3-4 inches on Nick Johnson when he guarded him. I promise Crabbe is at least 4 inches taller than any of Oladipo, Ferrel, Hulls, Sheehy etc. We totally took the guy out of it with our D.

IU's 3 point attempts are all going to be from beyond NBA range.

Rakim's athleticism is off the charts and so is Keita's. They matchup better against Zeller than most people will give them credit for.

And lets face it, if we make to Atlanta and lose either game it makes the run and the season far more meaningful and credible if we take out #1 seeded Indiana who is the favorite to win it all on the way there.
Sheehy is 6'7

They are the perfect team to wreak havoc on the zone. A big man who can pass and hit the 15 footer, people who can shooter from deep (many) and they are a good passing team with a high IQ. It's not a good match-up.

That's what I'm worried about. They may also be mentally fragile, but they're a smarter team than we are. I don't see how we can neutralize Zeller.

come on Marsh, lets not confuse this Indiana team with '91 unlv. I was rooting hard for temple too but Indiana has issues. I fully expect our zone to give them fits, I just pray the refs don't let zeller foul out our bigs before halftime.

come on Marsh, lets not confuse this Indiana team with '91 unlv. I was rooting hard for temple too but Indiana has issues. I fully expect our zone to give them fits, I just pray the refs don't let zeller foul out our bigs before halftime.

James absolutely positively has to be on the floor at all times. We have looked awful when he isnt in there the last few games.

That's what I'm worried about. They may also be mentally fragile, but they're a smarter team than we are. I don't see how we can neutralize Zeller.
Let Zeller take the 15fter if he wants. He's a good passer out of the post, but I don't think he'd be comfortable catching it at the foul line and making a quick decision. I would think they might try Oladipo there.

We just have to hope our length up top bothers their shorter guards and they have trouble getting the ball to where they want. Besides VO, they don't have any penetrators off the dribble at all (and VO isn't that great).We won't have to worry about anyone beating us off the dribble trying to get into the gaps. We have to make sure what get out to their shooters, which will be easier to do knowing you don't have a guy who can really gut the zone with the dribble drive.

Lots of answers offensively dude. Sheehey, Huls, Oladipo, Zeller, Wofford. 5 days to prepare. Lots of negatives. We need to make a crapload of three pointers and stay out of foul trouble if we have a prayer to win this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom