Paging Marsh... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Paging Marsh...

What'll be nice about this matchup is that Indy scores a ton, but you'll get your possessions to score right with them.

im not dreading the matchup,oladipo didnt stop wyatt today so ill take mcw to get his share(10-15 depending on fts) i think rak/bye usually rise to the occasion when someone tries to pound us inside and worse comes to worse put coleman in there to foul zoeller.This looks like a cj and JS game from a scoring perspective since ive gone to not expect triche to score 20 without making jumpers consistently.Im really looking forward to this game as im sure the players are too

This post is ridiculous pessimistic.

You are right about one thing: we are going to need to play well offensively to win. That certainly doesn't mean that victory is impossible, or that indiana can't be beaten.

We have an outstanding chance to advance. Doesn't mean we will, but this isn't UNLV 1990 we're facing.

Neither was 2009 Oklahoma, 2010 Butler, 2004 Alabama, and so on. We just simply struggle in these games. The other team almost always has their best game of the season. Look what it took to beat Wisconsin last year! I'm more pessimistic about that pattern than IU in particular. We can clearly win, but history has me on edge.

We can clearly win, but history has me on edge.

I feel exactly the same way. I think this by far will be the toughest game, from a psychological and challenge standpoint we'll face the rest of the tourney. If this team takes down IU, I don't see them losing the rest of the way.

This post is ridiculous pessimistic.

You are right about one thing: we are going to need to play well offensively to win. That certainly doesn't mean that victory is impossible, or that indiana can't be beaten.

We have an outstanding chance to advance. Doesn't mean we will, but this isn't UNLV 1990 we're facing.
Have you watched the ncst valvano special on 30 for 30? How the f they beat Houston is beyond me.

Neither was 2009 Oklahoma, 2010 Butler, 2004 Alabama, and so on. We just simply struggle in these games. The other team almost always has their best game of the season. Look what it took to beat Wisconsin last year! I'm more pessimistic about that pattern than IU in particular. We can clearly win, but history has me on edge.
It just must be something magical/mystical about the sweet 16 that jb doesn't understand, I guess.

No offense, but there are no easy paths to the final four.

Well, unless you are uconn 2011, but I digress.

IU is a very good team. But they have lost lots of games this year to inferior opponents, sometimes playing quite poorly. College basketball is wide open. So, we can either cancel the season now, or we can play on Thursday and see how we stack up.

You're right about one thing: we can clearly win. We can also lose. Hopefully we're going to bring it. If we don't, we're going to lose. But I don't resonate with the pessimistic viewpoint--we're a pretty good team, just like IU. We can win this game. We've beaten better teams than IU this year.

I feel exactly the same way. I think this by far will be the toughest game, from a psychological and challenge standpoint we'll face the rest of the tourney. If this team takes down IU, I don't see them losing the rest of the way.

And maybe we'll rise to the occasion. After all, we're a pretty good team. The psychological aspect of things is so overrated in my opinion--I expect we'll be sky high to play the #1 seed. We aren't exactly chopped liver--we spent 85% of this season ranked in the top 10.

We might also lose. But if we lose to a better team, them's the breaks.

I had a very similar conversation on this forum before the first game we played, against Montana, where some posters were convinced that we'd come out an lay an egg after being psychologically spent after a tough BET finals loss. If our kids can't get up to play a #1 seed, then they don't deserve to be in the tournament. We've played two teams who were ranked in the top 4, in three different games. We won two of those games.

That's why they toss the ball up. Looking forward to Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom