Palm | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Palm

If they go by rpi we are still in good shape, all 3 are in the top 15, I believe, one might be 16 or 17.

If just one of those big home wins came on the road, we might be sitting pretty. Clemson and NCST as our only ACC road wins hurts.

If just one of those big home wins came on the road, we might be sitting pretty. Clemson and NCST as our only ACC road wins hurts.

If Clemson could win a couple of games, they could get into the top 50, and it would look a lot better.

If Clemson could win a couple of games, they could get into the top 50, and it would look a lot better.

As long as they don't win that third game. At that point they would probably be jumping us.

Remember all the games this week are neutral site games and therefore will have more value than a home win. 2 quality wins this week jumps you up very quickly.

The Bracket Project - Ranking the Bracketologists

That is the source. Whether that is the way they should be measured, I am not sure.

I do find it remarkable that Palm had irked Marshall enough to make the comment, and actually remember the ranking that one of his cronies had probably told him.
I stand corrected, at least by that metric. Except for Dixon, Crean, and a couple others, is there really a more dislikable coach than Marshall? I'm sure some will disagree, but not in my book.

As long as they don't win that third game. At that point they more than likely steal our spot.
LOL - just about to post the same thing.

I stand corrected, at least by that metric. Except for Dixon, Crean, and a couple others, is there really a more dislikable coach than Marshall? I'm sure some will disagree, but not in my book.

It's hard for me to give a take on Gregg Marshall without getting flagged for inappropriate language.

I think I have mentioned that ranking before. But I view a bracketoligist as much more than being able to pick seeds on the last day. How are they able to explain things earlier in the season, make big picture assessments, effort they put into explaining things, how they can defend their position. Give me the information to think about my own picks without necessarily agreeing with his.

So in that regard he is truly not #61 out of 88 -- he is much higher than that.

sounds like Marshall is channeling his inner Boeheim.

True, I like Marshall too. Think he might be the next best thing. But, hell why leave, he is one of the top 10 paid coaches in the nation, in the mizzou valley!

Respectfully disagree. I like Marshall. He has already accomplished more than Dixon at Wichita st. Dixon did nothing at Pitt. Played a horrible style and got beat early every march. Marshall is cool and they love him at WSU.

I always wondered why he didn't have a P5 job? His results at Winthrop were outstanding and he followed it up at Wichita St. The guy deliver.

Is it because he is setting his standards extremely high for his next gig -- wants upper echelon P5 gig? Or is because he is so unlikable, even compared to other unlikable guys in this business?

I do think the Wichita St fans should consider themselves lucky that he is still their coach. He has done a heck of a job for 10 years despite being so abrasive and taking things so personally. Most coaches I think would have bailed by now.

True, I like Marshall too. Think he might be the next best thing. But, hell why leave, he is one of the top 10 paid coaches in the nation, in the mizzou valley!

If I would have seen that, I would have not made my prior post.

Respectfully disagree. I like Marshall. He has already accomplished more than Dixon at Wichita st. Dixon did nothing at Pitt. Played a horrible style and got beat early every march. Marshall is cool and they love him at WSU.
Respectfully disagree. Guy's a tool. Not saying he's not a good coach. Just saying he's an insufferable jerk. Anyone who sits in studio and actively roots against Syracuse gains a spot on Mi Lista Negra (as my 7th grade Spanish teacher used to put it).

Respectfully disagree. Guy's a tool. Not saying he's not a good coach. Just saying he's an insufferable jerk. Anyone who sits in studio and actively roots against Syracuse gains a spot on Mi Lista Negra (as my 7th grade Spanish teacher used to put it).

What is this studio spot where he routed against the cuse? He is looked at as the next great thing in p5 hoops.

What is this studio spot where he routed against the cuse? He is looked at as the next great thing in p5 hoops.

2014. When both teams were undefeated.

Tell me why Cal then lol

Just trying to take my SU hat off for a second, I find the notion that Wichita State was one of the last four out a lot more objectionable than SU being one of the last four out. I've heard good arguments on both sides of the ledger for and against SU. It's a close call. Palm leaving Wichita State out was downright loopy.

Agree, how can that be true and him still keep his job as top CBS braketologist?

With apologies to Kaiser, Mike Francesa is probably the highest paid sports talk radio guy in the country and has been for many years. I've lost track of how many way off the mark predictions he has made.

The Bracket Project - Ranking the Bracketologists

That is the source. Whether that is the way they should be measured, I am not sure.

I do find it remarkable that Palm had irked Marshall enough to make the comment, and actually remember the ranking that one of his cronies had probably told him.

I'm sure if JB (or several other coaches for that matter) were in the same spot as Marshall they'd call Palm out. Having WS one of the last four out was just beyond stupid.

couldn't agree more - absolutely can't stand him - he's right there with Crean and Dixon for me - I cheer every time WS loses

I can't tell you how many times I've had to defend JB (to non-SU fans) of the same sort of criticism. Marshall is a pretty intense guy and it shows in interviews and such. I know one thing - his players play their arses off for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom