Palm | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Palm

I loved it when the committee rigged the bracket against Marshall and WSU.

Rigged is putting it mildly. That was the "Let's stop Wichita State from getting to the Final Four" bracket.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to defend JB (to non-SU fans) of the same sort of criticism. Marshall is a pretty intense guy and shows in interviews and such. I know one thing - his players play their arses off for him.
totally get the other teams' fans not liking JB - as I've long said, he might be a ____ but he's *our* ____
but JB is rarely a ___ during games/on the sideline - guys like Dixon/Marshall/Crean are just complete sh!tshows all game every game - the non-stop pacing/berating/going out onto the court is beyond ridiculous

Rigged is putting it mildly. That was the "Let's stop Wichita State from getting to the Final Four" bracket.
and it was beautiful - one of the only days in my life I've been a kentucky fan

and it was beautiful - one of the only days in my life I've been a kentucky fan

Yeah I was gonna say you must have been thrilled that UK took their place in the F4.

Yeah I was gonna say you must have been thrilled that UK took their place in the F4.
oh trust me I resumed hating kentucky after that 2nd round game and couldn't have cared any less than I did as to who ended up in the f4 from that region as long as it wasn't Marshall

totally get the other teams' fans not liking JB - as I've long said, he might be a ____ but he's *our* ____
but JB is rarely a ___ during games/on the sideline - guys like Dixon/Marshall/Crean are just complete sh!tshows all game every game - the non-stop pacing/berating/going out onto the court is beyond ridiculous

There are a lot more guys than the ones you mentioned that do that sort of thing. Pitino and Cal readily come to mind. Ever see Mick Cronin on the sideline?

Even Pitino said that he's known JB for decades and he still gets the blow by dead fish handshake from JB after a game.

oh trust me I resumed hating kentucky after that 2nd round game and couldn't have cared any less than I did as to who ended up in the f4 from that region as long as it wasn't Marshall

I watched Marshall in the studio that night. Really didn't think it was a big deal.

I watched Marshall in the studio that night. Really didn't think it was a big deal.
huh?

anyway, u got yerself quite the WSU love going on - it's cute!

I never rooted for WSU harder than in that Tourney game VS UK. They played an A game and lost. UK needed to be exceptional to beat them. That was an awesome WSU team and fun to watch.
so awesome, in fact, that they didn't see the 2nd wknd :noidea:

I never rooted for WSU harder than in that Tourney game VS UK. They played an A game and lost. UK needed to be exceptional to beat them. That was an awesome WSU team and fun to watch.

Agreed. I'd much rather pull for the scrappy mid major than some blue blood powerhouse that gets to the F4 every other year.

If Clemson could win a couple of games, they could get into the top 50, and it would look a lot better.
That would be excellent. Because, that means they will have defeated NCSt. and. . .Duke!

I can see Wichita being aligned with Gonzaga (as a 1 or 2), like they did last time Gonzaga was a #1 seed.

If u want to make bank just keep betting against the zags. They are so over rated

Weren't some of our wins against teams in the top 10 at the time? And if so, doesn't that count for something?

All 3 of the wins at the time were against top 10 teams. Unfortunately that doesnt count for much. They look at end of year quality.

Remember the year Clemson was 17-0 and ranked in the top 5? And failed to make the NCAA tournament? Do you know how many teams could have claimed "top 10 wins?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom