Parking Pass for Next Season? | Syracusefan.com

Parking Pass for Next Season?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Hi, folks. I've been offered the chance to take over the tickets that I had last season (4th row, 30 yard line, behind the Syracuse bench).

But I won't be able to get a parking pass to the garage next to the V.A. Hospital that has the elevator, because the tickets will remain in someone else's name.

Do any of you, by any chance, have the ability to purchase an extra season parking pass for that lot (the Irving Ave Garage) that I could buy from you?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi, folks. I've been offered the chance to take over the tickets that I had last season (4th row, 30 yard line, behind the Syracuse bench).

But I won't be able to get a parking pass to the garage next to the V.A. Hospital that has the elevator, because the tickets will remain in someone else's name.

Do any of you, by any chance, have the ability to purchase an extra season parking pass for that lot (the Irving Ave Garage) that I could buy from you?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Ask the guy whose name is attached to the tix to buy a parking pass and sell it to you.

Ask the guy whose name is attached to the tix to buy a parking pass and sell it to you.

She's got 12 seasons, and her passes are already spoken for.

She's got 12 seasons, and her passes are already spoken for.
Another option

Have her buy two extra $99 seats for you.

That'll qualify her for an extra parking pass to order. Buy the tix and parking from her. Sell the Clemson and Army tix and recoup part of your $198. Probably can get $35-40 each for Clemson and $10-20 each for the rest. You should come close to breaking even. Might even make some money if we win 8-9 games.

Another option

That'll qualify her for an extra parking pass to order. Buy the tix and parking from her. Sell the Clemson and Army tix and recoup part of your $198. Probably can get $35-40 each for Clemson and $10-20 each for the rest. You should come close to breaking even. Might even make some money if we win 8-9 games.
Toronto International Film Festival Genius GIF by TIFF

Another option

Great idea.

Another option

Just sent her a note. Thanks for a great suggestion, Mark.

Just sent her a note. Thanks for a great suggestion, Mark.
Since your tickets are low cost...you'll easily be able to stay under $600 selling (1099) on SU's marketplace. Clemson realistically are the only tix that will garner a premium at this point. Army and the ACC games might get you a small premium. BL: don't be greedy and your tix will sell. Price them at or close to the bottom.

Guess this is a good spot to drop this small nugget.

SU is moving toward digital parking passes for Fall '23. However, they should have a card stock hanging pass option too.

Digital Parking isn't 100% at the moment but it looks like it should happen.

they had a huge issue in some lots with people parking without permit. i wonder how they deal with it now if they go digital. Do they expect people to load the plate into a app everytime they change cars? or just use the digital to let people in somehow ?

they had a huge issue in some lots with people parking without permit. i wonder how they deal with it now if they go digital. Do they expect people to load the plate into a app everytime they change cars? or just use the digital to let people in somehow ?
They have to make the passes transferable...since SU is in the ticket broker business. I assume if you have the app and the pass sez Stadium Lot...you'll get scanned and can enter the Stadium Lot. Part of the deal might be loading in a license plate number. I would think you should be able to edit it.

We'll see.

if they do it that way then its a matter of do they enforce it or not.. the hard part in knowing who was in the lots long before they opened. Not much different than the paper.. But it takes more time to look around alot and scan plates in. thats the same reason so many places still use tags over digital

if they do it that way then its a matter of do they enforce it or not.. the hard part in knowing who was in the lots long before they opened. Not much different than the paper.. But it takes more time to look around alot and scan plates in. thats the same reason so many places still use tags over digital
I know some lots are never empty. Take the lot I park in (Henry, nee...Fine) the lot is usually 30% full for Saturday games to start. These are students mostly. Fortunately at this time SU has the ability to send overflow to Standart in Stadium West. Reality from what I can tell in the bigger lots is as long as you get through the entry they don't check passes hanging from your mirror during the game. Unless you're stupid and block a lane you get left alone. They smartly give the parking lot attendants some ability to squeeze extra cars into unofficial spaces so that helps for the bigger games.

TLDR: I doubt SU will walk around lots scanning license plates unless your parking is causing a flow issue.

When are they doing the parking again? I think it’s May. I told them North Manley but I think I still technically have to go through the process.

North Manley or bust, that’s my people!

When are they doing the parking again? I think it’s May. I told them North Manley but I think I still technically have to go through the process.

North Manley or bust, that’s my people!
i think late may early june

unless of course the scanners dont work at the entrance, or your phone dies on the way to the game..

My baseball parking passes are digital, piece of cake. Sure beats printing out or getting passes mailed (!?).

unless of course the scanners dont work at the entrance, or your phone dies on the way to the game..

Okay, well if your phone dies on the way to the game, you aren’t going to be able to get into the game because your tickets are on your phone too….

yup.. or your ticketing company gets hacked and you cant connect which just happened to about 10 colleges this week..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom