Paschal Chukwu | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Paschal Chukwu

When he does something truly well, like he did last year with his free throws, I'll be glad to call him out for it. But just being able to catch a pass and making an uncontested layup isn't doing anything "well."
2018-12-09_1238.png

I agree. Since Hughes has a much better and more consistent offense, Marek will be a secondary option at forward just like he is at center. It has definitely affected his minutes, we do trade some rebounding for offense but with our poor offense, Hughes appears to be the obvious answer. I think Marek has a really high ceiling but he has to help himself and the team out by developing his body as a 6’10” physically ready player with a more confident consistent offensive option.
I know people want to see Dolezaj bulk up, but he has about the narrowest shoulders and torso I have ever seen on a player, so I think there is a pretty low ceiling there. I just don't know where the weight and bulk would go.

Chukwu (and Sidibe) need to anchor the defensive rebounding, because that's an area of concern for this team, and something that really limits transition opportunities. Brissett is an excellent offensive rebounder but doesn't really shine on the defensive glass. Battle and Hughes are average at best rebounders for their positions on both ends. Dolezaj has his moments but can get shoved around because of his size. Howard is a good rebounder but has been largely a non-factor there since returning. Carey looks like a sneaky and very good rebounder for his size.
su is never strong on the defensive glass; it's a function of the scheme. in the zone era, we've never neen ranked in the top 100 nationally.

I know people want to see Dolezaj bulk up, but he has about the narrowest shoulders and torso I have ever seen on a player, so I think there is a pretty low ceiling there. I just don't know where the weight and bulk would go.
I agree he is not built to add a lot of bulk, but he can add some and he can certainly get stronger. Ideally I would like a stronger Marek at forward and a new body at center.
Unfortunately we have what we have this year and will have to make the best of it. For now a stronger Marek would help.

su is never strong on the defensive glass; it's a function of the scheme. in the zone era, we've never neen ranked in the top 100 nationally.
It is harder to rebound defensively from the zone, but we could do a lot better at it if our players would just find a man and box him out. We are frankly terrible at boxing out, and whether in man or zone good rebounding stems from boxing out the other player.I watched Georgetown yesterday and we were outrebounded in that game mainly because they worked really hard at boxing out.

and the flip side of that: we are almost always a strong offensive rebounding team

Yup. If he could use his length combined with his height and dunk some of these balls. He could be throwing some down from distance. Those little ballerina like soft layups are fine I guess, albeit comical. But, this was some progress tonight. The sweet drive/spin/pass from Carey to him was nice. Need more Carey...paramount.
I totally agree that he could do ore with his height on dunks but I would much rather see his soft layups go down than the high flying near jams that Brissett misses every game. We need every basket as evidenced yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom