Paschal Chukwu | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Paschal Chukwu

this isn't PC's fault, but I'd really like for the guards to never throw him a lob again.
I have little problem with PC on defense. He's above average but not great. Never know if he will hold onto a rebound when it hits his hands. Bol Bol made him look like a Freshman.

It's on the offensive side that bothers me. Like you said, don't throw him a lob, although in one of the NCAA tournament games he had 2 lob-dunks in a row, if I remember correctly. The main problem is you can't even pass him the ball since it's about a 50-50 bet whether or not he'll catch it. He can't play the foul line against a
zone defense. He can't pull his defender away from the basket because he can't shoot. So SU plays 4 on 5 on offense when he's in the game. At least Sidibe can catch the ball and every now and then put on an offensive move to the hoop.

He may have a minor injury but his negatives are not impacted on offense by that. He reminds me so much of Baye Moussa Keita. But Keita was a backup who was not looked to for major minutes in most games.

Baye was a HUGE factor in the 2013 f4 run
SU didn't have a "run" in 2013-14. We were eliminated by Dayton in the 2nd round. I assume you meant 2012-2013 when SU made it to the final 4 and lost to Michigan. I checked and Keita did have an outstanding game against Cal and a nice game (3 points, 1 rebound, 3 blocks) against Indiana when Christmas got into foul trouble. Fouled out in only 18 minutes against Marquette. Didn't do much against Michigan in the loss.

I'm not trying to bash Keita. He was a solid player as a backup but I think would have been very similar to PC had he been asked to be a starter. Maybe a little better on offense but he, like PC, had horrible hands.

SU didn't have a "run" in 2013-14. We were eliminated by Dayton in the 2nd round. I assume you meant 2012-2013 when SU made it to the final 4 and lost to Michigan. I checked and Keita did have an outstanding game against Cal and a nice game (3 points, 1 rebound, 3 blocks) against Indiana when Christmas got into foul trouble. Fouled out in only 18 minutes against Marquette. Didn't do much against Michigan in the loss.

I'm not trying to bash Keita. He was a solid player as a backup but I think would have been very similar to PC had he been asked to be a starter. Maybe a little better on offense but he, like PC, had horrible hands.
I meant 2013 and I wrote 2013. He was a huge factor the last couple months of that season - defense was as good as it's been with him at center - go look at what he did in the revenge game in the garden in the BET semis that year

I meant 2013 and I wrote 2013. He was a huge factor the last couple months of that season - defense was as good as it's been with him at center - go look at what he did in the revenge game in the garden in the BET semis that year
Again, I'm not saying Keita was a bad player. Like PC he had his moments but in the long run he was simply a capable backup center in my opinion. If he was on this year's team the center position would be improved to a very minor degree.

me, too; it saddens me to say, but the college game has just become so awful to watch. especially for those of us who watch a lot of nba action.
I am of the opposite view, I hate the NBA, and find it unwatchable.

Think he read “2013 f4” as 2013-14.

Again, I'm not saying Keita was a bad player. Like PC he had his moments but in the long run he was simply a capable backup center in my opinion. If he was on this year's team the center position would be improved to a very minor degree.

Chukwu makes Keita look like an Olajuwon on offense.

i'm ok with paschal chukwu and sidibe in the middle. they both fit our needs there.

52 years for me, I am not changing any time.
57 for me. Am I the only one to attend Syracuse and UW? Also have an undergraduate degree from Bingo. Does this mean that GMac will be the next HC at Binghamton?

Last edited:
the mooseman had two 5 stars in front of him yet he was in the middle at crunch time. very special player.

I think we all do at times. When I need a break or timeout from our system and issues I’ll watch Michigan, ha. I have USC as well.
Lol. You went for it. The whole world already knows Michigan/Nova is your favorite team. Ya know, tough m2m teams with speedy guards and superior coaches and systems. Hahhaaha.

I love watching other college basketball games and sometimes I may root for one team but I never wish I rooted for someone instead of Syracuse. But I do know a former Lakers fan who switched to the Warriors a few years back so ya know.

Chukwu makes Keita look like an Olajuwon on offense.
Keita became an elite defender by his senior year. I’m trying to recall his offense but can’t remember much. I remember him struggling to catch as well.

I absolutely loved watching him play the middle of the zone. He could cover a lot of ground. One of our best defensive centers.

Keita became an elite defender by his senior year. I’m trying to recall his offense but can’t remember much. I remember him struggling to catch as well.

Barely anything on offense. Stone hands as well. But then he’d make a great high-low pass or hit Cooney on a back door. Chukwu can’t do any of this.

Chewy is

Chewy is way more valuable than most give him credit for.

He’s come a long way I’ll give him that. His conditioning is incredible actually. Especially towards the end of the season last year. Unlike you however, I won’t shed a tear when he moves on from SU.

I have little problem with PC on defense. He's above average but not great. Never know if he will hold onto a rebound when it hits his hands. Bol Bol made him look like a Freshman.

It's on the offensive side that bothers me. Like you said, don't throw him a lob, although in one of the NCAA tournament games he had 2 lob-dunks in a row, if I remember correctly. The main problem is you can't even pass him the ball since it's about a 50-50 bet whether or not he'll catch it. He can't play the foul line against a
zone defense. He can't pull his defender away from the basket because he can't shoot. So SU plays 4 on 5 on offense when he's in the game. At least Sidibe can catch the ball and every now and then put on an offensive move to the hoop.

He may have a minor injury but his negatives are not impacted on offense by that. He reminds me so much of Baye Moussa Keita. But Keita was a backup who was not looked to for major minutes in most games.
Please send me the footage you have of Sidibe catching the ball, putting on an offensive move and scoring. I’m rooting like hell for him to be able to do that. But it sure hasn’t happened yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom