Pat Narduzzi is the top Pitt Target, already interviewed | Syracusefan.com

Pat Narduzzi is the top Pitt Target, already interviewed

xc84 said:
Doesn't Pitt know about the rule to never hire a HC with no prior HC experience?

That's a defensive minded coach!?

Makes more sense for a northeast team that plays outside.

But I'd bet it ends up like all the other Pitt coaches. 6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6, Birmingham, Birmingham, Birmingham.

They should move home games there now that UAB is dead.
Who do they tap to replace him?

Is daoust about to get promoted?

We need Daoust…he is one of our best coaches…..
More likely Bullough than Daoust. Entire Bullough family is Mich st royalty. Generations of bulloughs have played at MSU

Florange44

More likely Bullough than Daoust. Entire Bullough family is Mich st royalty. Generations of bulloughs have played at MSU

Florange44
Yeah, that's not something that we want to entertain.

Bullough to Mich St. and Daoust promoted to DC, I know some folks as far from the program as you can get.

saracasm from another thread...sorry :D

Daoust's recruiting would make him worthy of the DC job if Bullough goes MSU. Bullough is not anything special IMO he hasn't recruited like other assistants and it opens a spot for another recruiter potentially.

Hopefully if goes SS doesn't hire another member of the band and goes for another Bobby Acosta type assistant coach.

CoachingSearch.com ‏@coachingsearch 51s51 seconds ago
Pitt reportedly has its coach. Here’s the latest on the Coaching Search Ticker: http://bit.ly/14IQx2Y

Pitt:
Sports Illustrated reports Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi will be the next head coach at Pitt. The deal has not been finalized and an announcement isn’t expected until after Christmas. Don’t be surprised if Mark Dantonio promotes from within to replace Narduzzi next season, with linebackers coach / special teams coordinator Mike Tressel and defensive backs coach Harlon Barnett the likely candidates.

Alsacs said:
Daoust's recruiting would make him worthy of the DC job if Bullough goes MSU. Bullough is not anything special IMO he hasn't recruited like other assistants and it opens a spot for another recruiter potentially. Hopefully if goes SS doesn't hire another member of the band and goes for another Bobby Acosta type assistant coach.

Not anything special?

Not every coach has to be a recruiting guru either. Sometimes you need solid coaches too.

Not anything special?

Not every coach has to be a recruiting guru either. Sometimes you need solid coaches too.
Bullough does nothing for me personally. Our defense runs the system that SS installed in 2009. I don't see our defense as great under Bullough. It just has been average. Daoust has impressed as a recruiter thus I wouldn't object to him as a DC if Bullough left.

Our defense was torched against Villanova, Notre Dame, Florida State, they dominated Central Michigan, Wake Forest, Clemson, Duke and played meh against Maryland, Louisville, NC State,Pittsburgh, Boston College.

I don't consider him one of our top assistants like Acosta, McDonald, Daoust whom have all shown recruiting chops. Our program needs talent. Marrone could develop talent this staff hasn't shown the same development skills as Marrone's.

Alsacs said:
I don't consider him one of our top assistants like Acosta, McDonald, Daoust whom have all shown recruiting chops.

You're just naming recruiters now.

You're just naming recruiters now.
Our biggest problem right now is talent. We have lower level ACC talent we as a program need recruiters who can plug 3 stars into our 2 deep and then we can get better.

Marrone could develop talent sadly his staff couldn't recruit if Syracuse could decent talent I think our player development would have more margin for error. We are never going to recruit top 25 classes, but give me recruiters over Bullough type coaches.

I am not saying he is bad coach I just don't think he is a genius or done anything more than acceptable job. I would give Bullough a B-/C+ as a DC that isn't great. Daoust would get a B/B+ so if Bullough got the MSU job just promote Daoust and find the best Bobby Acosta type assistant to bring in as much talent as possible.

Our biggest problem right now is talent. We have lower level ACC talent we as a program need recruiters who can plug 3 stars into our 2 deep and then we can get better.

Marrone could develop talent sadly his staff couldn't recruit if Syracuse could decent talent I think our player development would have more margin for error. We are never going to recruit top 25 classes, but give me recruiters over Bullough type coaches.

I am not saying he is bad coach I just don't think he is a genius or done anything more than acceptable job. I would give Bullough a B-/C+ as a DC that isn't great. Daoust would get a B/B+ so if Bullough got the MSU job just promote Daoust and find the best Bobby Acosta type assistant to bring in as much talent as possible.

I'm glad to see you come around on this issue. Earlier in the season, you repeatedly suggested that talent WASN'T a problem, when clearly it was relative to our peers.

I'm glad to see you come around on this issue. Earlier in the season, you repeatedly suggested that talent WASN'T a problem, when clearly it was relative to our peers.
I am never afraid to admit I am wrong. I am still from Missouri as it pertains to SS as a HC hopefully he can "Show Me" and I will gladly admit I am wrong.

My opinion is my opinion it is not to be taken as a fact unless I provide a link about a point.

The repetitiveness of some posters, and how defiantly they believe in horse$h!t, is mind boggling.

head exploding.jpg

The repetitiveness of some posters, and how defiantly they believe in horse$h!t, is mind boggling.

View attachment 32257
People can disagree with me all they want and that is fine. Some things I say am wrong, and if they are pointed out I will admit it. I don't think everyone having the same opinion is a good thing. I have tried to stay away from posting in things with people I could clash with as its not good for anyone.

However, I don't think my statements are outrageous they may come off strong, but that is how I talk in life. You may disagree fine or I may be wrong, but its not horsestuff.

Alsacs said:
Bullough does nothing for me personally. Our defense runs the system that SS installed in 2009. I don't see our defense as great under Bullough. It just has been average. Daoust has impressed as a recruiter thus I wouldn't object to him as a DC if Bullough left. Our defense was torched against Villanova, Notre Dame, Florida State, they dominated Central Michigan, Wake Forest, Clemson, Duke and played meh against Maryland, Louisville, NC State,Pittsburgh, Boston College. I don't consider him one of our top assistants like Acosta, McDonald, Daoust whom have all shown recruiting chops. Our program needs talent. Marrone could develop talent this staff hasn't shown the same development skills as Marrone's.

1. The Villanova game has taken on mythic proportions. We didn't get torched.

2. Top 30 in the nation is not average. It's literally not. There are 120 teams.

Villanova O vs Syracuse D
First downs: 25
Total yards 389
Third Down Conversions 12 for 20
Fourth Down 1 for 1
Time Possession 37:48

Nova offense dominated our defense.