Pat Narduzzi is the top Pitt Target, already interviewed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pat Narduzzi is the top Pitt Target, already interviewed

I like Daoust over Bullough. It would suck to lose one of our best recruiters to team we play every year.
I wouldn't blame Daoust from leaving if he gets a promotion and becomes a DC at his next job. If he went to Pitt to become the DL coach that is a problem.

well that sucks. guy can coach. let's hope gross comes in and pays him some more cash.

Let's hope if we lose Daoust that we don't lose any recruits because of it. On the other hand, let's not put the cart before the horse and see where this thing goes.

If he gets offered the DC job, can't see him staying. I don't see how SU matches unless Bullough was leaving...let's hope this isn't the case.

Doesn't matter if recruits are lost, Daoust might be the best offensive mind on the staff based on his fake calls...half-kidding with that one.

daust is already getting paid as associate head coach and Dl coach (like gmac) so its no slam dunk.

If he is smart, he will hire his OC & DC who have lots of proven experience and/or he takes coaches already coaching for and with him on the D side of Mich State. This is where I never really liked what HCSS did - hiring his friends over experienced coaches - you just shouldn't do that when your new at being the HC. But maybe all Football HCs are meatheads by nature.

The new DC at Mich State will be he position to watch.

If he is smart, he will hire his OC & DC who have lots of proven experience and/or he takes coaches already coaching for and with him on the D side of Mich State. This is where I never really liked what HCSS did - hiring his friends over experienced coaches - you just shouldn't do that when your new at being the HC. But maybe all Football HCs are meatheads by nature.

The new DC at Mich State will be he position to watch.
id think msu will just promote a coach off staff to d coordinator

id think msu will just promote a coach off staff to d coordinator

Narduzzi could take some coaches with him. I believe the DB coach is in the running for the Pitt DC job. Daoust is on the short list.

B50EB5UIYAAEAa_.jpg:large

daust is already getting paid as associate head coach and Dl coach (like gmac) so its no slam dunk.

Something to consider: if the rumors of a new AD are accurate, Shafer's crew might need something like 9+wins to stay so I'd think a coach would have to consider a promotion (and longer contract) at another school if offered.

Full_Rebar said:
Something to consider: if the rumors of a new AD are accurate, Shafer's crew might need something like 9+wins to stay so I'd think a coach would have to consider a promotion (and longer contract) at another school if offered.

9 wins?

Highly unlikely.

And a bowl trip saves everyone's job.

9 wins at Syracuse 6-6 or better and there back

If Doaust takes the Pitt DC job, say goodbye to Ealey, Stocker and any other defensive commit that he wants.

If Doaust takes the Pitt DC job, say goodbye to Ealey, Stocker and any other defensive commit that he wants.
I wouldn't say any. He didn't recruit the linebackers or Florida DBS

I wouldn't say any. He didn't recruit the linebackers or Florida DBS

Ealey would go and Stocker would definitely go to Pitt. Don't think we would lose any other commit. Stocker may go to Pitt anyway...

Pitt: Pat Narduzzi has recently followed former Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck and Syracuse defensive line coach Tim Daoust on Twitter. Something to keep an eye on. Narduzzi will be introduced as head coach at 3:30 p.m. Friday.

You'd think he'd have their numbers and not need twitter. They're not recruits.

Just to bring some quick context to the Daoust talks.

Tim finishes his playing career, wants to get into coaching. Calls just about every program in the country. One response, one call back. It's HCSS. SS says, Tim, I don't have a position for you, but, wanted to have a conversation to see where your at.

Fast forward, I believe it was like six months, SS calls Tim to interview. Tim is less qualified than other candidates but wheres his heart on his sleeve in the interview. Him and HCSS hit it off. SS brings him on. They've been together almost exclusively since, I believe with the exception of a season or two.

Long story short, this situation is going to be less about money than it is about Daoust's goals and aspirations. If Coach Daoust wants to be a DC and further his career, and Pitt is a better opportunity, make no bones about it SS will help him however possible to get there.

If Tim is more happy here, then he'll stay as long as SS and SU will have him. It's not always just about money or titles. Sometimes there's more to it than that, maybe not always, but sometimes.

I have no idea where any of them are at, or if Daoust is even in consideration. But, these guys are together every day of their lives. Their families are close. They know what the other wants. I think Daoust is great, we're lucky to have him, I just hope that his career goals align with what I hope for, and that's that he wants to be here.

Tim is less qualified than other candidates but wheres his heart on his sleeve in the interview. Him and HCSS hit it off. SS brings him on. They've been together almost exclusively since

And while this hasn't had any impact on the defense, this thought process scares me. I think we wore our hearts on our sleeves on offense all year long.

And while this hasn't had any impact on the defense, this thought process scares me. I think we wore our hearts on our sleeves on offense all year long.
One thing to keep in mind though, that was for a GA position, not a Coordinator or even Position Coach.

Also, you would think there would no surprises here. If narduzzi wants daoust, he'll go through Shafer to get him.

Also, you would think there would no surprises here. If narduzzi wants daoust, he'll go through Shafer to get him.
No question about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom