Pat Narduzzi is the top Pitt Target, already interviewed | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Pat Narduzzi is the top Pitt Target, already interviewed

Not looking good. We will definitely miss TD if this indeed happens. And to Pitt, ugh

Agreed. Hate to see him go somewhere that he'll be against us on the field and on the trail. Don't look for any recruit flips this year though. Unless it's absolutely what the recruit wants, highly highly doubtful there'd be any poaching for the 2015 class. 2016 though, fair game. If this does come to pass, expect Pitt to be involved in a lot of our recruiting battles.
Even Amir Ealey? I fully expect him to go with TD to Pitt along with Stocker. He had Pitt in his final two and TD would be his coach.

Even Amir Ealey? I fully expect him to go with TD to Pitt along with Stocker. He had Pitt in his final two and TD would be his coach.
Etiquette would be for Tim to tell Ealey to stick with his commitment. Especially when I'm sure HCSS is giving him glowing recommendations.

It probably wasn't just Daoust that sold him.

Now if Ealey really thought that highly of Tim and wanted to make the switch, or if Ealey was Daoust's guy at Syracuse, meaning Daoust pushed real hard for him and got Bullough and Shafer to sign off, you could see a flip. If Daoust even goes.

If there is a flip, it won't be because Daoust is actively poaching, more because a recruit or staff thought it to be in their best interest

Well... pretty soon we'll have 5 threads a day of pipe dream speculation of coaches to replace him.

All anyone needs to do is look for old Northern Illinois and Western Michigan coaches and that's the list of possibilities to get back together with the band.

Losing our best defensive recruiter would be awful for this team. We need to do everything we can to keep TD. Don't do any favors for PITT HCSS make it impossible for TD to leave. This would be a massive blow to our talent level on defense.

Losing our best defensive recruiter would be awful for this team. We need to do everything we can to keep TD. Don't do any favors for PITT HCSS make it impossible for TD to leave. This would be a massive blow to our talent level on defense.
What can HCSS do? Pay him more? Name him DC-in-waiting?

Chris Dokish‏@ChrisDokish 58m58 minutes ago
Talked to an assistant coach about Tim Daoust today. He said "excellent young coach that Narduzzi could groom in his own image".

Chris Dokish@ChrisDokish · 1h1 hour ago
He also said that Syracuse would be "devastated" if they lost him.

Chris Dokish‏@ChrisDokish 58m58 minutes ago
Talked to an assistant coach about Tim Daoust today. He said "excellent young coach that Narduzzi could groom in his own image".

Chris Dokish@ChrisDokish · 1h1 hour ago
He also said that Syracuse would be "devastated" if they lost him.
haha, just when you thought things couldnt get worse.

What can HCSS do? Pay him more? Name him DC-in-waiting?
Doubt they have any money to give him.
Naming him DC in waiting would only piss off Chuck. Guy isn't retiring anytime soon.

So TD is a 10 yr asst, great recruiter, who would get his first crack as a DC with Pitt. Sounds a lot like the OC candiate that HCSS hired when he was brought on as head coach, GMAC.

Hmm... I thought Shafer just hired buddies and not good coaches.
Well... pretty soon we'll have 5 threads a day of pipe dream speculation of coaches to replace him.

All anyone needs to do is look for old Northern Illinois and Western Michigan coaches and that's the list of possibilities to get back together with the band.
Funny though that this thread is about other schools that want members of the band.

xc84 said:
Hmm... I thought Shafer just hired buddies and not good coaches. Funny though that this thread is about other schools that want members of the band.

Who besides Daoust? And while he was at WMU with Shafer for a year, he was here before Shafer became HC.

That's all SU can afford.

Who besides Daoust? And while he was at WMU with Shafer for a year, he was here before Shafer became HC.
Ask those who keep talking about "the band".

Hmm... I thought Shafer just hired buddies and not good coaches.

Funny though that this thread is about other schools that want members of the band.

Uhh, what?

Doubt they have any money to give him.
Naming him DC in waiting would only piss off Chuck. Guy isn't retiring anytime soon.
Chuck's trying to get back to the NFL at some point though from what I've heard so Daoust being DC here would be sooner rather than later if he stuck around.

If it is true that Chuck is looking to get back into the NFL rather quickly, could SS name Daoust co-defensive coordinator until Chuck leaves?

Chuck's trying to get back to the NFL at some point though from what I've heard so Daoust being DC here would be sooner rather than later if he stuck around.

No if he is offered the pitt dc job he is gone and should be. Tim is a great coach and it would be fantastic for him. Hate that we would have to play against him each year but we will be ok. I hope he stays but glad for him if he does get the job.

Shafer was smart enough to keep him, bring in Bullough and Acosta. He gave McDonald a shot as OC because that was the only way he would leave Arkansas. Obviously the OC part didn't work out but the guy has recruited well. Ditto for Lester and we will see how 2015 goes. This crap about SS bringing in a bunch of stiffs is just that. A bunch of crap.