Patrick Beilein named Boys HC at Baldwinsville | Syracusefan.com

Patrick Beilein named Boys HC at Baldwinsville

B’ville has an excellent young athletic director and all their sports teams have really become a force to reckon with.

B’ville has an excellent young athletic director and all their sports teams have really become a force to reckon with.
Serious question - why would B-ville hire him? Everybody deserves a second chance, but would they hire a teacher who was fired for sexual misconduct/harassment at their previous job?

You mean Beilein, not the AD. Wasn’t it an affair and he resigned? No excuses, it was wrong but from what I recall, a consensual affair at Niagara where he was the men’s coach and he was married. Could be wrong but that’s what I recall at least.

Serious question - why would B-ville hire him? Everybody deserves a second chance, but would they hire a teacher who was fired for sexual misconduct/harassment at their previous job?

Is that inside info, a rumor or you’re just misremembering? There’s never been any report that Patrick was fired for sexual misconduct or harassment.

Yes they do! CC is a rising star.
He’s been there around 10 years now I believe - they had to have hired him when he was barely over 30 too.

I don’t know what happened with Eric Devendorf and his high school coaching gig but I’m assuming it was due to his past, again I’m assuming, that said, I agree how can a high school hire him? Makes zero sense.

I’m not saying the guy should serve a life sentence but high school doesn’t seem like it should be the spot.

Is that inside info, a rumor or you’re just misremembering? There’s never been any report that Patrick was fired for sexual misconduct or harassment.
I always thought it was unwanted harassment. If it was an affair why would you resign and have to take a high school job?

I always thought it was unwanted harassment. If it was an affair why would you resign and have to take a high school job?
Yes, he resigned due to "personal reasons". But I believe it had to do with a coach or staff member's wife that he was pursuing. A very touchy subject for a school like Niagara. I always thought he would end up on the staff of a college coach or working for an NBA team in scouting or player development.

You mean Beilein, not the AD. Wasn’t it an affair and he resigned? No excuses, it was wrong but from what I recall, a consensual affair at Niagara where he was the men’s coach and he was married. Could be wrong but that’s what I recall at least.
I don't believe it was consensual at all. He was in a position of authority and she was in a relationship with a ass't coach. There were rumors about Pat at LeMoyne. No high school should have hired him. If it was consensual, I don't believe we would have heard about it. I believe it was the woman who complained.

I don't believe it was consensual at all. He was in a position of authority and she was in a relationship with a ass't coach. There were rumors about Pat at LeMoyne. No high school should have hired him. If it was consensual, I don't believe we would have heard about it. I believe it was the woman who complained.
Yes the employee filed a complaint. And the boyfriend asst coach and the staffer knew Pat for years. And yes there were problems with Beilein at LeMoyne. The LeMoyne part I'm quite sure of.

Yes the employee filed a complaint. And the boyfriend asst coach and the staffer knew Pat for years. And yes there were problems with Beilein at LeMoyne. The LeMoyne part I'm quite sure of.
that’s exactly what I thought it was.

I mean….yeah. But…cmon.

Rising stars his age don’t suddenly leave a rocket ship coaching trajectory to go anonymous for a few years and resurface at a solid but not spectacular HS program because it’s God’s plan.

A few years ago we won the award for the top sports program in the state.

He likely won't serve as a teacher, just a coach.

He likely won't serve as a teacher, just a coach.
Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't stating that Beilein was going to teach.

My point was that the district would never hire a teacher who had to resign because they otherwise were going to be fired for sexual harassment. So why would they hire a basketball coach who had to resign because they otherwise were going to be fired for sexual harassment?

I mean….yeah. But…cmon.

Rising stars his age don’t suddenly leave a rocket ship coaching trajectory to go anonymous for a few years and resurface at a solid but not spectacular HS program because it’s God’s plan.

I had not heard or read anything about harassment or misconduct and that he was fired. So I wanted to know where the poster was coming from.

None of the answers above got him fired, nor did his multiple affairs while the head coach at LeMoyne…..

Connections and name matter - I too think this is an odd choice for Bville, and if his name was Smith he would not be getting any of these opportunities.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't stating that Beilein was going to teach.

My point was that the district would never hire a teacher who had to resign because they otherwise were going to be fired for sexual harassment. So why would they hire a basketball coach who had to resign because they otherwise were going to be fired for sexual harassment?

This. He's young and probably (I don't know the nitty gritty specifics, nor do I know what he's done to make amends) deserves a second shot at some point, but a public high school, with a taxpayer funded stipend, is not the place. A leader of young men should not be coming in with that kind of rep/past.

I had not heard or read anything about harassment or misconduct and that he was fired. So I wanted to know where the poster was coming from.
He wasn't fired from Niagara (he resigned) but he would have been. He was not taking "no" for an answer from the staffer he was harassing. Even worse, her significant other was a long time friend of Beilein's who he hired as an assistant.

There were complaints about him at LeMoyne, but he took his act onto a bigger stage before anything was made public.