Patrick Stevens... thank you | Syracusefan.com

Patrick Stevens... thank you

Legendof44

2nd String
Once again..another jab at the University. I swear post standard / Syracuse.com are truly trying to be 100% ex-communicated from all things Syracuse University related. What a bunch of morons. Using former compliance officers and current gambling industry idiots they made a case for SU basically being full of stuff.

Link? Oh... never mind...you did mention the Peeyoo Standard... don't need to know no mo'!

PS: F Ped State and the Peyoo Standard

Link? Oh... never mind...you did mention the Peeyoo Standard... don't need to know no mo'!

PS: F Ped State and the Peyoo Standard

I actually didnt provide the link because i dont want them getting extra hits on the website haha.

So...what was actually said?

That’s talking about providing insider information to influence betting lines, giving information to someone who will use that information for gambling purposes,” Infante said. “If they’re going go that route, a better argument is HIPAA requires these kids’ injuries aren’t revealed, but even that would be somewhat of a stretch. … To me, it sounds like a flimsy rationalization.”
Craig Trapp, a Picks & Parlays Writer for a Las Vegas sports betting website said in all his years of work in the gambling industry he has never heard a school offer an explanation or interpretation of that rule like the one Syracuse produced.
"That is a first for me. That is crazy," Trapp wrote in an email to The Post-Standard/syracuse.com. "Most athletic departments never mention the word sports betting. Just shows that the sports world would nearly disappear if you take away betting on games."

basically they are saying HCSS is full of shyte and they are riling up the program and fanbase by interviewing hacks just to piss us all off.

just noticed this little nugget at the end of the article...

-- Michael Cohen contributed to this story.

when a second option for lining animal cages comes to town they are in big trouble

i went to wally world for dog bones and the substandard had a outside setup- couldn't give that rag away for free AT A WALMART

basically they are saying HCSS is full of shyte and they are riling up the program and fanbase by interviewing hacks just to piss us all off.

I really do wonder whose call it was for Sue Edson to make that comment in the first place about the responsibility of injuries to the betting community. I still can't believe she said it.

I don't mind the PS digging into that one. They already had their access taken away. SU released a statement that looked unnecessarily dumb, at least to me.

Again, just say you're closing practice in the best interest of the team and that's that.

It seemed really odd to me we are being considerate of the gambling community. That's a really odd justification, it's like they're thinking too hard about this or something.

Edson mentioning betting as a reason was mind boggling.
May have been one of the strangest/most inappropriate things to say in response to the question. How do you conclude that that's the best thing to say? I'm surprised there isn't some sort of NCAA violation in saying that.

Honestly who cares if the practices are closed. I don't, I wouldn't even offer an explanation.

Just cancelled my home delivery because of their negativity toward SU.
You can take that money and apply it to an insider membership to whichever site Rahme is writing for. Anyone know which one it is?

I really do wonder whose call it was for Sue Edson to make that comment in the first place about the responsibility of injuries to the betting community. I still can't believe she said it.

I think it went down like this:

Edson: "What should I tell them if they ask why practice is closed to the media?"

Shafer: "Give them some bullstuff reason like their Pulitzer Prize winning injury articles are starting to effect the betting lines. Let's see if they're stupid enough to put it in print."

Hook. Line. And sinker.