Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say we get him...I would see if Edwards would redshirt. He could use it
Exactly my thinking. This is a situation where we can't lose by taking him. It's a one year deal. Theo Epstein says that there is no such thing as a bad 1 year deal for a big market team. Same deal. This kid can only help us. No one should think we are bringing in a all league player. But if he can actually grab a rebound and make a lay up, why the heck not?

Let's just say we get him...I would see if Edwards would redshirt. He could use it

that could be a possibility.

Are you saying that you don't want to take him?

I'm saying he's not a huge need. he's not a difference maker and I don't see what is different than what we already have with 4 others. he was honorable mention in the ivy. if we're going to take a grad transfer, id rather gamble on a 3 that can shoot to guard against hughes leaving.

I'm saying he's not a huge need. he's not a difference maker and I don't see what is different than what we already have with 4 others. he was honorable mention in the ivy. if we're going to take a grad transfer, id rather gamble on a 3 that can shoot to guard against hughes leaving.
Why in the world would it be either or? If Hughes is leaving by all means get a grad transfer. Maybe the kid from Harvard. maybe someone else. However, there is no down size to bringing this kid in. maybe playing with some good outside shooters will open things up for this kid. No downsize to bringing him in.

What's not to like about this kid. I know we have seen his "highlights", but even there he is doing things I haven't seen out of our bigs. Has some moves in the low post with his back to the basket and can shoot out to 3 point range. This would allow another year for our young freshman centers to develop so that by their 3rd year in the program they would be able to contribute on a consistent basis. Edwards is clearly a project as is I assume Ajak since he is being redshirted. The coaches see these kids in practice and what we've seen with Edwards, he has a long way to go.

I couldn't disagree more. The numbers are not the way to look at it. We a center that requires attention on the offensive end. It is very hard to guard the post and the 3pt line with any defense. We don't have that guy on this team.

He would also be a senior...

yes he would. when I said 4 centers I wasn't including him because next year I would hope he'd have to play little to no center.

yes he would. when I said 4 centers I wasn't including him because next year I would hope he'd have to play little to no center.
We need to get back to the days where we play big at every position with skill he helps us do that.

Why in the world would it be either or? If Hughes is leaving by all means get a grad transfer. Maybe the kid from Harvard. maybe someone else. However, there is no down size to bringing this kid in. maybe playing with some good outside shooters will open things up for this kid. No downsize to bringing him in.

not knowing who is coming or going, if we take a shooter and a 5, would mean 3 kids are leaving. im sure jb knows but we don't. so yes, im playing either/or and id rather bring in a shooting 3 which is a BIG hole next year if hughes leaves. and again, I don't see a huge upgrade with him over the other 4 centers we may have next year.

He would also be a senior...

forgot to also say it doesn't matter how many seniors we have next year at the 5. this kid only has 1 year.

forgot to also say it doesn't matter how many seniors we have next year at the 5. this kid only has 1 year.
Correct so he doesn't negatively effect the bigs in 2021 class that we are going after...

that could be a possibility.

Of course Edwards could redshirt without him next year and Ajak could take his place in the rotation.

not knowing who is coming or going, if we take a shooter and a 5, would mean 3 kids are leaving. im sure jb knows but we don't. so yes, im playing either/or and id rather bring in a shooting 3 which is a BIG hole next year if hughes leaves. and again, I don't see a huge upgrade with him over the other 4 centers we may have next year.
I'm very confidant in saying that the coaches do see a difference. they also see the prospect of Sidibe playing 20 minutes is far superior to Sidibe playing 30 minutes. And we are serious about bringing in a wing.

I'm very confidant in saying that the coaches do see a difference. they also see the prospect of Sidibe playing 20 minutes is far superior to Sidibe playing 30 minutes. And we are serious about bringing in a wing.

im confident in saying its not a huge difference. and with Edwards and jba there is no need to play sid 30 mins, with or without tape. and I really really hope we're looking at a sharpshooting 3. that will be our biggest hole next year if hughes leaves which IMO will likely happen (and id be glad to be wrong).

im confident in saying its not a huge difference. and with Edwards and jba there is no need to play sid 30 mins, with or without tape. and I really really hope we're looking at a sharpshooting 3. that will be our biggest hole next year if hughes leaves which IMO will likely happen (and id be glad to be wrong).
I can guarantee you that we are looking at both a sharp shooting 3 and tape. The coaches think tape is better than Sidibe right now. And two of our coaches coached him this past summer. I think they would have a pretty good idea. As for the 3, they have to be sure that Hughes is leaving. Lucky for us, the timing of the grad 3 and Hughes decision work out for us

The fact we have Tape coming in for visit would tell us the coaches disagree.
They wouldn’t be pursing Tape if they thought Sidibe/JBA/Edwards were enough.
Thank goodness the staff is being proactive.

Does tape know he’s expected to fly out to the corner 3 and land in the 3rd row? I don’t want to be the dude sitting in those bleachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom